Sans Digital EliteSTOR Diskless NAS Product Details
The EliteSTOR ES108X+BP is an 1U 8-bay 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD RAID 5 rackmount with mini-SAS connection for high transfer rates of up to 650MB/s. Designed to use with 2.5" hard drives of different sizes and both SAS and SATA interfaces, the ES108X+BP supports both 9.5mm standard height and 12.5mm height small form factor (SFF). The ES108X+BP is bundled with a high-performance RAID controller card (RR2722, PCIe 2.0 x8 6G RAID controller) that offloads complicated RAID calculations from the computer to lower CPU utilization. High performance can be achieved with a lower cost of ownership compared to RAID embedded subsystems. RAID setup and maintenance could be controlled via built-in web browser interfaces, and the unit is supportive of e-mail notification and real-time event logs. Utilizing high bandwidth mini-SAS (SFF-8088) cabling, the AS108XP supports 6Gb/s SAS or SATA hard drives to deliver superior read / write speeds that are crucial in performance-driven environments such as video editing industry and high performance computers. The mini-SAS connection connects eight hard drives connections into two ports, reducing possible points of failures, while preserving uninterrupted data transfer. The ES108X+BP also supports SATA drives, allowing users the option to choose between high performance and high capacity storage solutions. Windows, MAC, Linux and VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1 are supported.
• Complete RAID storage solutions, no extra components needed.
• Supports Eight 2.5-inch 6G SAS or 6G SATA or SSD hard disk drives in 1U format.
• PCIe 2.0 x8 6G controller allows the offload of RAID calculation to controller card.
• Supports RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and JBOD with hot spare.
• Supports SAS, SATA hard drives or SSD.
• Easy to set up Web-browser interface.
• High Performance delivery over 650MB/s read write performance.
• Backplane design supporting the hot-swap of SATA 6G and SAS 6G hard drives with removable trays.
• Supports 9.5mm and 12.5mm hard drives height.
• Supports plug & play for easy installation.
• Real time temperature and fail LEDs.
• Supports PC, MAC and Linux. VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0 supported.