Microsoft Office Project Professional 2013
With Microsoft Office Project Professional 2013, you can now collaborate with others to easily start and deliver winning projects. More comprehensive solution to manage projects; Team collaboration tools, including presence information through Lync; At-a-glance resource management; Develop “what if” scenarios; Manage scarce resources; Unified project and portfolio management together with Project Server 2013 or Project Online. Lync 2013 and SharePoint 2013 are sold separately. Project Professional 2013 can be used as a standalone product or can be connected to a server. Project Professional 2013 includes a Project Server Client Access License (CAL).
Project Online enables organizations to get started, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver with the intended business value. It's the flexible solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work, delivered through Office 365—which brings together cloud versions of Microsoft's familiar productivity applications.
- Get started quickly - Visual tiles identify important steps and provide a simple guide for you to begin or flex project portfolio management (PPM) capabilities.
- Access from virtually anywhere - Extends your PPM experience to smartphones, keeping you up-to-date while you're on the go with an interface suited to small form-factors.
Flexible project portfolio management
- Select optimal portfolios - Enables you to define and select project portfolios that align with your business strategy–prioritize competing requests, run optimization scenarios under varying budgetary constraints, and maximize resource utilization to manage capacity.
- Deliver projects successfully - Helps you effectively manage everyday work in SharePoint Online and the tactical details of execution with Project Pro for Office 365 or Project Web App (PWA), while ensuring alignment with business priorities.
- Gain visibility and control - See what your teams are doing–even when they're managing everyday work or ad-hoc projects in SharePoint Online task lists.
- Easily create workflow - Allows you to create workflows with Visio in SharePoint Designer, to subject each project to the appropriate controls throughout its lifecycle–to improve governance and control.
Strengthen everyday collaboration
- Discover and share information - Share documents, follow people and sites, or simply keep track of what people are working on.
- Improve decision making - Enables you to see summary dashboards, plans, and timelines in PWA, helping you glean insight and make better decisions across a collection of projects, a particular program or portfolio.
Increase agility and control
- Simplify IT management - Simplifies IT management with straightforward provisioning, enterprise-grade reliability and integrated administration with SharePoint Online so it's easier for your IT staff to administer.
- Explore the SharePoint Store - Choose apps from the SharePoint Store to meet the needs of your business.
- Easily plan and manage your projects - Helps keep you organized by providing quick access to recent files and locations from the Backstage.
- Be efficient and prioritize - Stay in control of your project plans no matter the size. Rich, out-of-the-box reporting tools within a familiar Office-like experience help you quickly and easily measure progress and resource allocation.
- Manage anywhere - Create the project site with a few simple clicks to quickly share project details with your team, keeping everyone connected and organized.
Deliver projects successfully
- Give effective presentations - Project lets you design and print your reports which you can easily share insights that help you better communicate progress and achieve results.
- Anticipate change - Enhanced tools like Team Planner help you see and amend potential problems before they can impact your schedule.
- Explore the Office Store - The new Office Store provides Apps for Office that extend the functionality of Project to solve unique problems to meet your needs and the needs of your business.
Improve everyday collaboration
- Work seamlessly across tools - Project works well with Office, Office 365, SharePoint, and Lync®, to give you a complete collaborative project management system. You can easily copy project information to Office applications such as PowerPoint or email and save important plans and details to Office 365 or SharePoint.
- Communicate in real time - Project integration with Office 365 enables you to send instant messages and kick off real-time conversations right from your project with Lync Online.
- Discover and share information - Office 365 and SharePoint social capabilities work with your project site to facilitate discussions and information sharing so you can get projects and everyday work done.
- Minimum Memory Required: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) / 2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
- Minimum Hard Drive Space Required: 2.0 GB available
- Processor (CPU): 1 Ghz or greater x86/x64 Processor. Windows 7,Windows 8, Windows Server 2008R2 or Windows Server 2012 with .Net 3.5 or greater
- Display (Screen Resolution): 1024x576 minimum resolution
- Video Card: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, Firefox 10.x+, Safari 5 (Mac), Chrome 17.x.
- Other System Requirements: Touch features require a touch enabled Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC. Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 or later, Microsoft SharePoint Online required for task synchronization. Lync required for presence notification