Three Times more Recording Capacity
The QGD170ME outpaces conventional models with six times the transfer rate and three times more recording capacity. The new AME tape has recording capacities of 20GB native and 40GB compressed, and achieves respective transfer rates of 3MB and 6MB per second.
Now Sony AME (Advanced Metal Evaporated) tape delivers 100% pure cobalt for high retentivity. This is a patented process for depositing a pure metal magnetic layer directly on the basefilm without adhesive or binders. The DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) tape surface is protected by a smooth carbon coating that is nearly as hard as diamond and 20 times harder than metal oxides.
- Native Capacity: 20GB
- Compressed Capacity: 40GB
- Recording Standard: Mammoth
- Removable Media Features: Advance Metal Evaporated (AME), Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) surface
- Tape Length: 170m
- Tape Width: 8mm
Manufactured by: Sony
Warranty provided by: Sony
Mfg Part No: QGD170ME
UPC No: 027242501980
Box Size: ( Length:0, Width:0, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 0.1600 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: YYS1-171336
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Sony logos are registered trademarks of Sony. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.