Mammoth1 22M AME Data Cartridge Product Details
For Reliable Data Storage, the Quality Of the Media Is Every Bit as Important as the Quality Of the Tape Drive.
Formulated specifically for Exabyte MammothTape technology drives, Advanced Metal Evaporated (AME) tape offers expanded recording capacity and low abrasivity, reducing mechanical wear.
AME magnetic material is vertically aligned. This unique orientation and the absence of binder components on the media enables AME's higher capacity and superior signal strength. AME's specially formulated backcoating dramatically reduces the build-up of static electricity and debris, greatly reducing the chance of read/write errors. With varying capacities and a lifetime warranty, AME is truly superior media.
Exabyte AME Advanced Metal Evaporated media is designed for use in Exabyte MammothTape™ Technology tape drives only. Please verify that your tape drive supports AME media prior to using this data cartridge. For optimal performance and reliability, Exabyte recommends only SmartClean™ AME media for Mammoth-2 (M2™) tape drives and libraries. Mammoth-2 can use other AME media but will require regular cleaning with an Exabyte Mammoth cleaning cartridge.
Do not use Metal Particle (MP) tape in an Exabyte Mammoth or Mammoth-LT tape
drive for an extended period of time. Do not attempt to write data to Metal
Particle tape with a MammothTape technology tape drive. Use Exabyte data-grade
advanced metal evaporated (AME) media for writing data with these tape drives.
- Magnetic Material: Metal evaporated
- Base Material: Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Backcoating: Anti-static agent
- Physical Properties: Yield strength: at least 4 N
- Transparency: at least 5%
- Magnetic Properties: Coercivity (Hc): 1350 Oe (typical)
- Native Capacity: 2.5 GB
- Mammoth Drive Can Read And Write To AME Tapes: 22m, 45m, 125m, 170m
- Mammoth-LT Drive Can Read And Write To AME Tapes*: 22m, 45m, 125m
- Exabyte Libraries That May Contain Drives That Use AME Tapes: EZ17™, X80, X200, 210, 220, 440 or 480
*Note that AME is not the same as AME with SmartClean™.
Manufactured by: Exabyte
Warranty provided by: Exabyte
Limited Warranty: This product has a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Mfg Part No: 313769
UPC No: 709550003317
Box Size: ( Length:4, Width:3, Depth:1)
Shipping Weight: 0.1000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: E95-2006
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Exabyte logos are registered trademarks of Exabyte. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.