StarTech.com 2 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART - Serial Adapter, PCI Express x1, RS-232, 2 Ports - PEX2S553Item#: 8205672 | Model#: PEX2S553
- List Price:
- Click to See Price in Cart!
- In Stock. Usually ships same business day. (Details)
StarTech 2-Port Serial PCIe Card Product Details
StarTech PEX2S553 Serial PCIe Card
The PEX2S553 PCI Express serial card lets you turn a PCI Express slot into 2 RS232 (DB9) serial ports. Based on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
What It Is And Why You Need It
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express chipset delivers true PCIe performance
- Standard and low profile/half-height bracket included to ensure fitment in any system
- Easy to install and use with full step-by-step instructions saving time and hassle
The StarTech PEX2S553 Serial PCIe Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4 and above.
Plus, the StarTech PEX2S553 Serial PCIe Card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in any PCI Express slot, regardless of the size of the computer case.
- Two high speed RS232 serial ports with support for data transfer rates up to 460.8 Kbps
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
- Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
Manufactured by: StarTech.com
Warranty provided by: StarTech.com
UPC No: 065030841740
Mfg Part No: PEX2S553
( Length:6, Width:5, Depth:1)
Shipping Weight: 0.3000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- StarTech.com logos are registered trademarks of StarTech.com. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.