HP 7000nx L2708A Document Capture Workstation Product Details
HP 7000nx L2708A Scanjet Enterprise Document Capture Workstation
Improve workflows and boost productivity with this HP 7000nx L2708A Scanjet Enterprise Document Capture Workstation which offers efficient manageability, advanced networking, and security, along with an easy-to-learn, yet powerful interface for everyday users.
What It Is And Why You Need It
- Get more done with a large touchscreen with HP Easy Select user interface and full keyboard—eliminating the need to involve a PC.
- Conserve IT resources with advanced network management and robust security.
- Save time with ultra-fast, two-sided scanning and HP Precision Feed technologies that accurately feed and capture scans.
Shared, easy-to-use workstation
Improve your enterprise document workflow return on investment by sharing the HP 7000nx L2708A Scanjet Enterprise Document Capture Workstation with your department. Reduce IT training and support calls and increase productivity with the large, color touchscreen display with award-winning HP Easy Select user interface. Not only can users easily save files on your network, they can preview, modify, and finalize scans before sending them into the workflow, eliminating the need to walk back and forth from a PC. Another time-saving feature lets users launch document workflows at the push of a button: just save your most commonly used scan settings as Quick Sets, then quickly initiate scans using these saved preferences.
Robust security and efficient network management
Protect confidential information and control who can scan documents and where files can be saved. The document capture workstation includes built-in HP Jetdirect Gigabit Ethernet networking with advanced security features, including IPsec, SSL, SNMPv3, certificate management, and Kerberos. Increase the physical security of the device with multiple secure disk erase options and an optional third-party security cable lock.
With industry-leading HP Web Jetadmin, efficiently manage scanner fleets in various locations, configure devices, and retrieve and share important device information, such as counter tracking, device status, and error codes.
Fast, reliable document capture
Quickly scan two-sided documents at up to 40 ppm and 80 ipm black-and-white/grayscale; up to 35 ppm and 70 ipm color.
Save time by reliably scanning mixed stacks of various weights and sizes with HP Precision Feed technologies. Easily scan a range of media types, including ledgers, receipts, checks, hard plastic insurance or ID cards, and business cards. Even scan thin documents, like air bill shippers, or longer documents, like log strip paper and medical test strips!
The HP 7000nx L2708A Scanjet Enterprise Document Capture Workstation is built on the award-winning HP Scanjet 7000 Sheet-feed Scanner platform. The HP Scanjet 7000 was the first to offer HP Precision Feed technologies, and as a result, has been widely recognized in the industry for its excellent reliability and media handling. With the same cutting-edge enhancements, this document capture workstation not only accurately separates and feeds pages through, but it also automatically adjusts feeding if it fails to pick up a page, and notifies you if it senses it picked up too many.
- Scanner type: Sheetfed, automatic document feeder (ADF), two-sided scanning with ADF
- Scan technology: Charge Coupled Device (CCD), color scanning
- Light source (scanning): Cold cathode fluorescent lamp
- Speed Black-and-white/grayscale: up to 40 ppm (pages per minute), up to 80 ipm (images per minute); color: up to 35 ppm, up to 70 ipm
- Duty cycle (daily): Up to 2,000 pages per day (letter)
- Scan resolution Hardware: up to 600 x 600 dpi; Optical: up to 600 dpi
- Output resolution dpi settings: 75, 100, 150, 200, 240, 300, 400, 500, 600
- Bit depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Grayscale: levels 256
- Digital sending standard features: Embedded OCR software, Send to Email, Send to Internet and LAN Fax, Save to Network Folder, Save to USB drive
Address Book Management (network [LDAP], local, personal), Quick Sets, Image Preview and Page Edit, Job Notification, Send to Me, admin-controlled email fields
- Digital sending optional features: Via HP Digital Sending Software: Customized Workflow Creation including metadata collection and validation, Central Address Book Management, Filenet support, Novell Authentication, Single Point of Email Routing, Fleet Configuration of Digital Send, OCR
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard disk: 80 GB HP high-performance secure hard disk (encrypted)
- Capacity: 50-sheet ADF; retractable 50-sheet output tray
- Types: Paper (plain, inkjet); envelopes; labels; cards (business, insurance, embossed, plastic ID, credit)
- Sizes: letter, legal, custom sizes
- Maximum scan size Width: 8.5 in; length: 34 in
- Minimum scan size Width: 2.0 in; length: 2.9 in
- Advanced features: HP Precision Feed technologies, ultrasonic multi-feed detection, blank page removal, color dropout, long page support, Quick Set scan profiles
- File formats: JPG, TIFF, MTIFF, PDF (image-only, searchable, compressed, AES (128-bit) encrypted), PDF/A, TXT, Unicode TXT, RTF, HTML, XPS (image-only, searchable)
- Control panel: Full-SVGA display with HP Easy Select UI; Sleep (with LED), Reset, Start (with LED), and Stop buttons; screen brightness control; Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs; both virtual and hardware keyboards; Power button (with LED); Hi-Speed USB port
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet port, 1 Hi-Speed USB port on control panel, 2 rear Hi-Speed USB ports, 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP) Hi-Speed USB port :
- Network protocols IPv4/IPv6: Apple Bonjour Compatible (Mac OS 10.2.4 and higher), SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, WS Discovery, IPsec/Firewall; IPv6: DHCPv6, MLDv, ICMPv6; IPv4: Auto-IP, SLP, Telnet, IGMPv2, BOOTP/DHCP, WINS
- Internet fax providers: Anny Way Office Edition, AccPac, Biscom FAXCOM, Captaris RightFAX, Castelle FaxPress Premier, Castelle FaxPress, Castelle FaxPress Premiere, Cycos-mrs Unified Communication, Esker Pulse/Fax, Esker LanFax, FAXSys, Intercope FaxPlus/Open, Fenestrae Faxination, GFI FAXmaker, Genifax, Gold Fax, Imecom Integral Fax, Interstar LightningFax, Object Fax, Omtool, RedRock FaxNow!, RTEFax, Tobit DvISE, Topcall, Zetafax, NET SatisFAXtion
- Security: Windows/Kerberos, LDAP authentication, 1000-user PIN codes authentication, security lock slot, IPsec, SSL (https), SNMPv3 (with WJA), Secure File and Hard Disk Erase options, Manage Certificates, Password Protected Encrypted PDF, Smartcard Solutions for U.S. Government (optional), Access Control List, Encrypted Credentials on Device/Network
- Management Fleet: Management with HP Web Jetadmin (available for download Spring 2010), optional HP Digital Sending Software
- Fast two-sided scanning at speeds of up to 40 ppm and 80 ipm black-and-white/grayscale; up to 35 ppm and 70 ipm color
- Robust duty cycle of up to 2,000 pages per day
- Built on the award-winning HP Scanjet 7000 platform, featuring HP Precision Feed technologies
- Embedded workflow functions, including optical character recognition (OCR)—no PC or software is required to capture images and text, preview and edit, and digitally send to a variety of destinations
- Up to 600 dpi resolution
- Compatible with HP Web Jetadmin and HP Digital Sending Software (DSS)
- HP Embedded Web Server included
- Advanced security features, such as secure disk erase options and authentication via multiple methods
- Designed to support a broad portfolio of HP Certified Partner solutions
- 80 GB (or larger) HP high-performance secure hard disk (encrypted)
Minimum System Requirements
- PC: Windows® folder share, DFS, Novell share; Windows® client to access the Embedded Web Server pages
- HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000nx Document Capture Workstation (with encrypted hard disk)
- Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
- Getting Started Guide
- Powersupply and power cord
- CD-ROM User Guide
- ADF cleaning cloth
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: HP
Warranty provided by: HP
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: L2708A
UPC No: 884962067666
Box Size: ( Length:0, Width:0, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 35.7000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: H24-L2708A
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- HP logos are registered trademarks of HP. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.