3ware 9650SE-4LPML SATA II PCI-E RAID Card Product Details
3ware 9650SE-4LPML SATA II PCI-Express Hardware RAID Card
The Best Keeps Getting Better The 3ware 9650SE PCI Express to SATA II RAID controller pushes AMCC’s established leadership in RAID controller performance to new heights. While 3ware controllers continue to lead the market in RAID 5 performance, the 3ware 9650SE outshines the competition as the new standard bearer for RAID 6 performance, delivering over 700MB/s RAID 6 reads and 600MB/s RAID 6 writes.
The 3ware 9650SE offers the most comprehensive line of PCI Express controllers, available in both low profile and full height footprints with 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, and 24-port configurations. All 4-port and above models feature 3ware’s award-winning Multi-lane connectivity. The 9650SE supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, Single Disk, and JBOD.
Red Hot RAID 6
RAID 6 eliminates the risk of data loss if a second hard disk drive fails while the RAID array is rebuilding. In a 3ware RAID 6 system, two sets of parity are simultaneously calculated, written, and rotated across all the drives. This second parity calculation enables the array to survive up to two drive failures without losing data, significantly improving fault tolerance. The 3ware parallel XOR RAID 6 parity generation algorithm maximizes RAID 6 throughput, so that RAID 6 enabled 9650SE controllers deliver unequaled RAID 6 performance.
Get Connected via the Multi-lane
AMCC’s award winning Multi-lane high bandwidth SATA connection system is fast, secure, simple, and clutter free. Multi-lane combines four SATA ports into a single locked connection. Four lanes of high speed SATA traffic travel through just one cable, significantly reducing the number of cables needed to connect controllers, backplanes, and standard SATA drives. A 16-port Multi-lane controller needs only four cables, compared to sixteen cables with discrete solutions, for dramatically better reliability, airflow and convenience.
Enterprise-class RAID Storage
The 9650SE’s advanced RAID features, SATA II connectivity, and powerful 3ware performance architecture make it the ideal controller for vertical applications that require the highest levels of sustained write and read performance including NAS storage, web servers, cluster servers, supercomputing, near-line backup and archival, security systems, pro audio and video applications, and other demanding storage applications that need high-bandwidth, highcapacity sequential performance.
- Form Factor: Low profile
- Port Count: 4
- PCI Express Lanes: 4
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, Single Disk, JBOD
- Onboard Memory: 256 MB DDR2 533
- Connector Type: Multi-Lane
- BBU Support: Yes
- SNMP support
- SMTP support for email/pager notification
- ATA/6 and Out of band (OOB) staggered drive spin-up support
- Auto carving allows LUNs > 2TB to be divided into multiple units for legacy operating systems limited to 2TB max. per LUN
- Battery Backup Unit (BBU) support
- Multiple logical unit sizes and RAID levels on one card
- Multiple card support within a system for large storage requirements
- Hot-swap and hot-spare support for data availability
- Dynamic sector repair for robust data protection
- S.M.A.R.T. disk drive monitoring for reliability
- Emergency Flash Recovery protects against failed firmware upgrade
- Drive activity LED support
- Online Capacity Expansion and RAID Level Migration
- Write journaling for improved performance and data protection against accidental drive removal
- Drive insertion and removal notification
- Array/Drive Status and drive identification LED support (requires 3ware Chassis Control Unit-enabled backplane)
- Chassis Control Unit for enclosure management via I2C
- RoHS compliant
Manufactured by: 3ware
Warranty provided by: 3ware
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; 36 months labor
Mfg Part No: 9650SE-4LPML-SGL
UPC No: 693494600049
Box Size: ( Length:9, Width:5, Depth:1)
Shipping Weight: 1.1000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: R333-1034
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- 3ware logos are registered trademarks of 3ware. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.