@promt Expert Translator Overview
@promt Expert 8.0 is the most advanced translation software system available, providing users with an extensive set of professional-grade customization tools and integration capabilities, including those with Microsoft Office®, Internet Explorer®, and Adobe Acrobat®, as well as SDL TRADOS, making it the ideal system for translation agencies and organizations working extensively with multilingual information.
The new Microsoft Office 2007-style interface lets you enter new words into user dictionaries with a single click. @promt Expert 8.0 also enables you to create dictionaries automatically, optionally make use of the internal Translation Memory system, and supports Mozilla Firefox and OpenOffice to deliver optimum ease of use.
English to/from French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian to English directions are included plus general and custom dictionaries.
- Easy-to-use translation and editing environment Translate text quickly and accurately with just a single click. For ease of editing, source and target texts are synchronized at an individual word level and translation variants are displayed for words with multiple meanings.
- Increase human translation throughput Smooth inter-operation between two high-end translation tools – @promt Expert machine translation and TRADOS Translation Memory - enables companies to dramatically increase the productivity of human translators.
- Expert tools for work with user dictionaries Automatically create user dictionaries from existing glossaries or TRADOS Translation Memory databases; compare and merge user dictionaries or convert them into specialized dictionary format and attach them to any @promt 8.0 translation program.
- Expert tools for terminology management Search for terminology candidates at the pre-translation stage and use the list of words retrieved to create specialized dictionaries.
- Translate from within your favorite applications Full-featured translation tools integrate directly into Microsoft Office applications (Word®, Outlook®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and FrontPage®), Adobe Acrobat Reader®, Adobe Acrobat 5.0-8.0, and Internet Explorer 5.x-7.x.
- Adjust program options to meet your requirements. The extensive set of professional customization options included enables users to fine-tune and save translation settings for future application with similar documents.
- Translates DOC, RTF, HTML, XML and TXT files, e-mails and web pages, preserving the original layout
- Synchronization of source text and translation output at individual word level to assist with process control and editing.
- Synchronous translation in a convenient two-window interface alongside typed text
- Clipboard translation in any Windows application
- Translation Memory technology allows reuse of previous translations
- Batch File Translation mode allows ‘hands-free’ scheduled translation of multiple files without user interaction.
- Translation of ICQ messages and text content of PDF files
- Electronic Dictionary as a standalone application
- Translation of XML files
- Integration with TRADOS® Translation Memory 5.0-7.5 tool enables the translation of text blocks not in the translation database, as well as the use of databases for dictionary creation
- Full-featured plug-ins for Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and FrontPage)
- Integration with Microsoft Internet Explorer® 5.x -7.x and Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- XML file translation using Microsoft Word plug-in
- Integration with Adobe Acrobat 5.0-8.0
- Integration with ICQ PRO 2003/ICQ 5
- Integration with OpenOffice 2.x
- Real-time translation of web pages directly in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x-7.x or Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Translation of search queries linked to most popular search engines.
- Create and edit personal dictionaries for custom translation of specific words and phrases
- Reserve words that should not be translated
- Choose between alternative translations for selected entries.
- Attach specialized dictionaries and prioritize them according to topic
- Attach Translation Memory databases to optimize translation quality
- Save custom translation settings in topic templates for re-use with similar documents in the future.
- Automatically extract specialized terminology
- Manage lists of specialized terms using Terminology Manager
- Back up personal customization settings
- Text-To-Speech (TTS) support.
- Automatically convert existing user glossaries into @promt user dictionaries
- Inclusion of specialized dictionaries – specific topics available vary according to language pair selected.
- Stand-alone dictionary application makes it easy to translate a single word or phrase.