Brother MFC-9440CN Color Network Laser Printer Product Details
Brother MFC-9440CN MultiFunction Color Laser Printer
The Brother MFC-9440CN is a network-ready color laser Multi-Function Center® that offers a wide range of standard features ideal for any office or business. Produce vibrant, rich color documents and copies in-house without having to outsource printing them. With consistently fast speeds, outstanding print/scan quality, expandable paper handling and memory, onboard PictBridge port, ADF and network-readiness, the Brother MFC-9440CN is one flexible and customizable machine. Plus, its security feature is great, especially for a multiuser environment. This is an ideal color laser multifunction printer for small offices and workgroups and it offers the features and performance that meet the wide-ranging needs of a busy office environemnt. A PictBridge-enabled USB button sits on the front panel and supports both PictBridge cameras and USB flash drives. The Brother MFC-9440CN comes network-ready, with a rear Ethernet port and it can also be connected to a single PC via a USB cable and is both Windows and Mac compatible.
A Closer Look
- Fast Color Laser Printing: Delivers an impressive color and monochrome print speed of up to 21 pages per minute, and copy speeds of up to 17 copies per minute.
- Outstanding Print Quality: Produce brilliant, colorful presentations, brochures and documents that will give you a competitive edge.
- Network Connectivity So You Can Share Its Functionality: Its 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet) interface‡ enables multiple users to share its powerful print, scan and fax capabilities.
- Easily Accessible USB Direct Interface: Conveniently print PDF or JPEG files from or scan PDF or JPEG files to a USB flash memory drive. You can also print directly from a PictBridge compatible digital camera.
- Expandable Paper Capacity: Its 250-sheet paper tray holds letter or legal paper and you also have the option of increasing your total paper capacity up to 800 sheets by adding an optional 500-sheet paper tray.
- High-Speed Faxing: With its high-speed 33.6K bps fax modem, you can send and receive faxes quickly in either b&w or color, saving both time and money.
- Versatile Paper Handling: Print letter or legal-sized documents through either its 250-sheet paper tray or 50-sheet multi-purpose tray. Increase your total paper input capacity up to 800-sheets by adding an optional 500-sheet paper tray.
- High Quality Color Scanning: Available from either the letter size document glass or through its 35-page automatic document feeder, you can scan documents, and images and more.
- High Capacity Replacement Toner Cartridges: Lower your cost per page and copy, since you won’t have to replace toner cartridges as often.
- Consumable Type: 4 Toner Cartridges and Drum
- Multi-purpose Tray: 50-Sheet Multi-Purpose Tray Capacity
- Optional Memory: up to 576MB
- Printer Driver Compatibility: Windows® & Mac OS®
- Emulation(s): PCL-6, BR-Script 3
- Faxing Capability: Black/White & Color Faxing
- Best Transmission Speed: 2 seconds per page
- Out-of-Paper Reception: Yes
- External TAD interface: Yes
- Distinctive Ring Detection Capable: Yes
- Total Auto Dial Locations: 316 locations
- Broadcasting: Yes - 366 locations
- Quick Scan (Memory Transmission): 2 seconds per page
- Auto Fax Reduction: (for fax receiving) Yes
- Fax Forwarding: Yes
- Automatic Redial: Yes
- Dual Access: Yes
- Fax/Telephone Switch: Yes
- Fax Gray Scale: 256
- Fax Coding Method:MH / MR / MMR / JBIG / JPEG
- PC Fax Capability: (send/receive) Yes
- Fax Page Memory: (Brother Test Chart #1): Up to 500 page fax memory
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time HeaderL Yes (Monochrome only)
- Copying Capability: Black/White & Color Copying
- Design Style: Flatbed
- Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity: 35-Page ADF
- Maximum Black Copy Speed: (cpm) 17cpm
- Maximum Color Copy Speed: (cpm) 17cpm
- Stand-alone Copying: No PC Required
- Reduction/Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function: Yes
- N in 1 Function: 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function: No
- Document Glass Size: Letter / A4
- Scanning Capability: Black/White & Color Scanning
- Maximum Interpolated Scan Resolution: (dpi) 19,200 dpi
- Optical Scan Resolution: Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Input Color Scan Bit Depth: 48-bit
- Scanner Driver Compatibility: Windows®/Mac OS®
- Document Viewer Software: Includes Scansoft PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- OCR Software: Includes Scansoft PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- Formats (Export): TIFF/BMP/MAX/JPEG/PDF
- "Scan To" Feature: E-mail, Image, OCR, File, FTP and USB
- Standard Network Features: Printing, Scanning, PC Fax
- Security Functions: Memory Security, Setting Lock and Secure Print
- Minimum Input for ADF: 5.8(W) x 5.8(H) inches
- Maximum Input of ADF: 8.5(W) x 14 (H) inches
- Sheet Weight: ADF (max/min) 17-24 lbs.
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray): 5.8(W) x 5.8(L) inches
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray): 8.5 (W) x 14(L)
- Sheet Weight: Paper Tray (max/min) 16-28 lbs.
- LCD Display: Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Back-lit: Yes
- LCD Size: (characters/lines) 16 characters/2 lines
- Document Memory Backup: Yes
- Weight: 72.6 lbs.
Minimum System Requirements (Windows)
- 2000 Professional, XP Home, XP Professional: Intel® Pentium® or AMD equivalent processor, 256 MB RAm, 460 MB Hard Disk Space
- Vista: Intel Pentium 4 processor, 64-bit CPU or AMD equivalent, 1 GB RAM, 1 GB Hard Disk space
- Windows Server® 2003: Intel Pentium III or AMD equivalent processor, 512 MB RAM, 50 MB Hard Disk space
- XP Professional x64 Edition: AMD Opteron™, AMD Athlon™ 64, Intel® Xeon™ with Intel® EM64T, Intel® Pentium® 4 with Intel® EM64T processor; 512 MB RAM; 460 MB Hard Disk space
- Windows Server® 2003 x64 Edition: AMD Opteron™, AMD Athlon™ 64, Intel® Xeon™ with Intel® EM64T, Intel® Pentium® 4 with Intel® EM64T processor; 512 MB RAM, 50 MB Hard Disk space
Minimum System Requirements (Mac)
- OS X 10.2.4 or greater: PowerPC G4/G5, Intel Core Solo/Duo, PowerPC G3 350MHz processor; 160 MB RAM; 480 MB Hard Disk space
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
- Brother - MFC-9440CN - MultiFunction Color Laser Printer Network-User-Guide
- Brother - MFC-9440CN - MultiFunction Color Laser Printer Quick-Set-Up-Guide
- Brother - MFC-9440CN - MultiFunction Color Laser Printer Software-User-Guide
- Brother - MFC-9440CN - MultiFunction Color Laser Printer User-Guide
- Technology Guide: Choosing The Right Printer
- Technology Guide: Print Media & Paper
- Technology Guide: Printer Cartridge Yields
- Technology Guide: Printer Safety
- Technology Ideas: How To Print CD/DVD Labels
- Technology Ideas: Personal Printing Projects
- Technology Introduction: Wireless Printers for the Home and Small Office
- Technology Spotlight: Color Printers & Dye Sublimation Printing
Manufactured by: Brother
Warranty provided by: Brother
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: MFC-9440CN
UPC No: 012502618300
Box Size: ( Length:24, Width:22, Depth:28)
Shipping Weight: 85.7000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: B50-9440CN
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Brother logos are registered trademarks of Brother. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.