Iogear GCS1716 16-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVM S REFURB Product Details
Iogear GCS1716 16-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVM Switch
The GCS1716 KVM is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 256 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 16 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 256 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the GCS1716 features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The GCS1716 includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The GCS1716 intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
- Computer Connections
Daisy Chain or Cascading: 256 (via Cascade)
Port Selection: Hotkeys, OSD, Button
Console: 1 x SPHD-18 Male (Yellow)
Computer/KVM: 16 x SPHD-15 Female (Yellow)
Power: 1 x DC Jack
USB: 1 x USB 1.1 Type A Female
- Reset Switch: 1 x Semi-Recessed Push Button
F/W Upgrade: 1 x Slide Switch
Port Selection: 16 x Push Button
Keyboard: PS/2, USB
Mouse: PS/2, USB
- Video Resolution:
VGA 2048x1536, DDC2B
Voltage: DC 5.3V
Scan Interval: 1-255 sec
Operation Temperature: 0~50C
Storage Temperature: -20~60C
Humidity: 0~80% RH, Non-condensing
- Case: Metal
- Unit Dimensions
A Closer Look
- Multi platform OS support - Windows®, Mac, Sun Solaris™ , and Linux®
- Easy to operate - computer selection via front panel LED’s, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and hotkeys
- Cascade up to 2 levels - control up to 256 computers from a single console
- Security - 2 level password protection for OSD
- Maximum video resolution: up to 2048 x 1536
- Front USB Port - Fully compliant with USB 1.1 for system upgrades and shared peripherals
- Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rack
- Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation
- Fully Supports DDC2B
- Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice.
- Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution.
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components.
- An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation.
Minimum System RequirementsConsole:
- VGA, SVGA, or MultiSync Monitor
- A Keyboard and Mouse (USB or PS/2)
- VGA, SVGA, or MultiSync video graphics card with an HDB-15 port
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports (6-pin mini DIN) and at least 1 USB port
- Multi OS Platform Support: PC / Mac / Sun / Linux
THIS PRODUCT IS REFURBISHED
Refurbished products are products that were originally purchased and returned by customers like yourself. The term refurbished is used to describe products that were returned to their manufacturer’s specification then tested and repackaged for sale. We utilize a third party of professional technicians who first troubleshoot and then perform any repairs that are necessary to restore the product to like new condition. Refurbished products represent a great value and we offer them with confidence knowing that every refurbished product was tested by a trained group of professionals. Refurbished products are warranted for up to 90 days after purchase. Any product failure not originating from defects in materials or workmanship will not be considered covered under warranty. Warranty terms applicable to refurbished products may vary; see below for specific warranty information and consider purchasing an extended service plan if you desire even more coverage.
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: Iogear
Warranty provided by: Iogear
Limited Warranty: 3 months parts; 3 months labor
Mfg Part No: GCS1716
Box Size: ( Length:10, Width:22, Depth:6)
Shipping Weight: 9.6500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: A225-7110 RF
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Iogear logos are registered trademarks of Iogear. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.