BFG Ageia PhysX 128MB PCI Product Details
The Future of PC Gaming is Here!
Take your gaming rig into the future of PC gaming with BFG Tech physics accelerator cards powered by the AGEIA™ PhysX™ processor. Experience a new dimension in gaming physics performance. Things don’t just look real; they act real and feel real. Massively destructible buildings and landscapes; explosions that cause collateral damage; lifelike characters with spectacular new weapons; realistic smoke, fog and oozing fluids are all now possible with the AGEIA™ PhysX™ processor!
What is AGEIA PhysX?
Delivering advanced physics is an extremely compute-intensive undertaking, based on a unique set of physics algorithms, requiring tremendous amounts of mathematical and logical calculations with massive memory bandwidth. Simply put, it requires a highly specialized processor to deliver rich immersive environments with features such as:
- Explosions that cause dust and collateral debris
- Characters with complex, jointed geometries for more life-like motion and
- Spectacular new weapons with unpredictable effects
- Lush foliage that sways naturally when brushed against
- Dense smoke & fog that billow around objects in motion
Note: Requires compatible game titles. Please verify that your game is supported by the PhysX technology.
|Tired of shooting at walls and nothing happening? Now watch the individual bricks go flying; better yet, blow up that roof and let your enemy perish as it collapses on top of him.|
|Fully interactive, flow-dynamics fluid weapons let you take out enemies around corners and behind barricades…while smoke and dust from explosions make it hard to see if anyone’s still alive out there.|
|Everything’s real; everything’s interactive…everything’s a potential shield or a potential weapon – for you or the enemy. Throw everything at them… including the kitchen sink.|
Together with a PC’s CPU and GPU, the AGEIA PhysX Processing Unit (PPU) makes up the new Gaming Power Triangle, in which the CPU “thinks and orchestrates” to drive playability, AI and overall game-logic, the general purpose GPU “renders and displays” to deliver beautiful 3D imagery, and the new AGEIA PhysX Processor, “moves and interacts” to take gaming to the next level.
- Processor: AGEIA PhysX
- Memory Interface: 128-bit GDDR3
- Memory Capacity: 128MB
- Peak Instruction Bandwidth: 20 Billion/sec
- Sphere-Sphere Collisions: 530 Million/sec max
- Convex-Convex (Complex Collisions): 533,000/sec max
- Software Included: BFG PhysX Drivers, BFG PhysX Demo DVD
A Closer Look
- Massively Parallel Physics Architecture
Highly tuned multi-core processor complex optimized for dynamic, large-scale physics processing. Accelerates real-time physical motion and interaction at a scale and quality far beyond what’s possible with CPU or graphics processors.
- High-speed GDDR3 Memory Interface
Support for GDDR3 memory delivers smoother game play via on-board acceleration of dynamic physics geometry and simulation objects.
- AGEIA Universal Continuous Collision Detection
Enables entire environments to be interactive and destructible, with massive scale of collisions and response between fast moving objects.
- AGEIA Physical Smart Particle Technology
Empowers tens of thousands of realistic smart particle calculations of volume, density and pressure for pervasive fluids, smoke, rain and debris. Goes beyond simple graphical particle systems which are unable to interact with dynamic objects.
- AGEIA Scalable Terrain Fidelity
Delivers physical landscape accuracy and genuine surface reactions for true environmental experiences.
- AGEIA Dynamic Gaming Framework
Flexible AGEIA PhysX hardware architecture provides an upgrade path to tomorrow’s powerful feature and performance enhancement via software.
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU with processor speed of 1.4 GHz or higher
- 128MB of RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP, Home, Pro or MediaCenter Edition
- CD or DVD-ROM drive
- 20MB available hard disk space
- A 300 watt system power supply
- A vacant PCI 2.0 or higher slot
- Add-in graphics card supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 2.0 or higher
- BFG Ageia PhysX 128MB PCI Graphic Accelerator
- Quick Install Guide
- Demo CD
- Manual CD
- Power Connector
Manufactured by: BFG Technologies
Warranty provided by: BFG Technologies
Limited Warranty: This product has a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Mfg Part No: BFGRPHYSX128P
UPC No: 876758000155
Box Size: ( Length:14, Width:5, Depth:14)
Shipping Weight: 1.4000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 5pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: B52-7834
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- BFG Technologies logos are registered trademarks of BFG Technologies. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.