Nuance Dragon Home 11.5 Naturally Speaking Product Details
Nuance Dragon Home 11.5 Naturally Speaking Software
The Nuance Dragon Home 11.5 Naturally Speaking Software is specially designed to deliver a faster, better and simply smarter speech recognition solution. With this software, you can turn you speech into text which means you can compose and send e-mail, search the Web, save files, switch windows, launch applications, control your PC and more using only spoken words. You just need to say words and watch them appear on your screen in Word, Word Perfect Outlook, and more up to three times faster than typing, with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. The included new Dragon Remote Microphone application turns your iPhone into a wireless microphone, making it easier – and more comfortable – for users to capture their thoughts and ideas without letting the keyboard get in their way. Version 11.5 also makes it easier to configure Dragon for usage with a digital recorder when you’re away from your computer. New voice commands, such as the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter by voice along with new formatting and editing commands help this software customers get more done on their computers. This naturally speaking software also adds support for the latest new applications and operating systems, and it incorporates user interface and usability enhancements to user profile creation, the Dragon Sidebar, the correction process, and more! Buy the The Nuance Dragon Home 11.5 Naturally Speaking Software today!
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- Transform ideas into text at the speed of thought; don’t let typing or spelling slow you down.
- Hassle free operation; helps you to control your PC in a comfortable, hands-free mode without being tied to your keyboard.
- Customization; enables you to personalize this Dragon software with your own word lists of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases.
PRODUCT COMPARISON CHART:
Time-Saving Voice Commands
- New Facebook and Twitter Commands: Users can easily update Facebook by saying “Post to Facebook”, “Post to Facebook [text],” or “Post that to Facebook.” Tweets are quickly captured by voice: a user selects dictated or typed text (via mouse or voice command), and says “Post that to Twitter.” Additional Twitter commands include “Tweet [text]” (English only) and “Post to Twitter [text].”
- New Text Formatting Commands: The new “Quote that” and “Bracket that” commands can be applied to the last utterance or current selection. In addition, the new “Empty Quotes” and “Empty Brackets” commands can be used if a customer knows ahead of time the next utterance should be quoted/bracketed.
- Improved Microsoft Office 2010 commands: The French and German editions of Dragon 11.5 incorporate a broader variety of available commands.
Improved Correcting and Editing
- Handling Multiple Matches in Text: Dragon 11 introduced the ability to quickly and easily apply correcting, formatting and editing commands to one or all items when the command could apply to multiple instances of text. Version 11.5 introduces a new “Undo all” command. The new command is active only immediately after the user gives a “Choose all” command.
- More Usable Spelling Window: The Spelling Window (allowing users to type or spell out something Dragon was not able to transcribe) is now resizable horizontally and delivers more readable options for alternate words and phrases, making it easier for users to modify or correct text.
User Interface and Usability Enhancements
- Revised Dragon Sidebar: Introduced in Version11, the Dragon Sidebar helps users to discover and remember common commands by enabling them to glance at or explore global commands (including mouse commands), application-specific commands and custom-created commands, as well as tips. The Dragon Sidebar’s contents change depending on what window is currently active. Version 11.5 delivers additional application contexts to the Sidebar (including WordPad, Vocabulary Editor and Command Browser) and layout improvements to maximize content and readability. To encourage more users to take advantage of this helpful “desktop assistant,” version 11.5 adds a link to the Sidebar within the Dragon Tutorial (English only).
- More usable toolbar (the DragonBar): The DragonBar, revised to improve usability in Version11, gathers all of Dragon’s indicators, icons and written messages together in one place. Version 11.5 adds a link to the Tech Support Knowledgebase from the DragonBar’s Help menu so that customers can more quickly and easily address technical questions and concerns.
Getting Started with Dragon is Faster and Easier
- Faster and Easier to Create a User Profile: User profile creation was redesigned in Version11 to be simple and conversational. Version 11.5 user interface enhancements make it more clear how users can improve accuracy by having Dragon analyze existing documents. Version 11.5 also improves system messages regarding scheduled program tasks (such as Accuracy Tuning), making it easier for users to take advantage of these features. The new system messages list requirements for tasks to run, explain how to change scheduled tasks and provide direct access to online help.
- Enhanced Profile Upgrade Wizard: Version 11.5 helps existing customers realize how many profiles will be upgraded, and estimates how long it will take. Customers are encouraged to run Accuracy Tuning to be sure the highest levels of recognition accuracy are carried over to the upgraded user profile.
Enhanced Hardware and Software Support
- Internet Explorer 9: Building on existing compatibility with Internet Explorer, Dragon 11.5 introduces new commands that leverage new capabilities within the latest version of Internet Explorer, released in March 2011. New commands include “Pin this [web] site | page” which creates an icon for the site on the Start menu, and “Go to [the] one box [bar]” since Internet Explorer 9 uses the address bar for URLs and searches.
- Windows Live Mail 2011 (V15): Dragon 11.5 offers the same level of support offered for Windows Live Mail 2009 (V14).
- OpenOffice Writer version 3.3: Support for OpenOffice Writer, which was launched with Dragon 11, includes dictation, correction, selection, and playback. Dragon 11.5 supports the latest version of OpenOffice Writer, released in January 2011.
- Operating Systems: Dragon 11.5 supports Windows 7 SP1 (released February 2011) and supports Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (released February 2011).
- CPU: Minimum 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor.
- Processor Cache: Minimum 512KB. We recommend 2MB.
- Free hard disk space: 2.5GB (2.8GB for localized non-English versions)
- RAM: Minimum 1GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
- This edition of Dragon does not support Bluetooth, digital recorders, or dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Manufactured by: Nuance
Warranty provided by: Nuance
UPC No: 780420122185
Mfg Part No: K409A-G00-11.0
( Length:5, Width:2, Depth:7)
Shipping Weight: 0.5000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Nuance logos are registered trademarks of Nuance. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.