See more products
Brother - HL-5170DN - 2400 x 600d dpi / 21 ppm Auto-Duplex Network Mono Laser Printer - (Refurbished)Item#: B50-HL5170DN RB | Model#: RB-EHL5170DN
Brother - HL-5170DN - Mono Laser Printer Product Details
Brother HL-5170DN Network-Ready Laser Printer With Built-In Duplex
The HL-5170DN is a network-ready monochrome laser printer for small, connected workgroups. It offers a fast print speed at up to 21ppm, built-in 10/100 BaseT Ethernet print server, 32MB of standard memory (upgradeable to 160MB), HQ1200 print quality (up to 2400x600dpi) and PC and Mac® compatibility.
The HL-5170DN offers paper handling versatility via its 250-sheet paper tray
and a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray.
- Up to 2400x600 color dpi
- Up to 21 pages per minute
- 32 MB of RAM memory (upgradeable to 160MB)
- USB 2.0 cable connectivity
- Print Technology: Electrophotographic laser
- Print Speed (max): Up to 21 pages per minute
- Processor: 133 MHz Fujitsu SPARClite
- Standard Memory: 32MB
- Maximum Memory: Upgradeable up to 160MB using 100-pin DIMM
- Printer Emulations: Automatic emulation switching between PCL®6,
BR-Script3, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter emulations
- Resident Fonts:
PCL: 66 scalable fonts, 12 bitmap, 11 bar codes
PostScript: 66 scalable fonts (BR-Script3)
- Interfaces: Automatic Interface Switching between: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
Print Server, 1284 IEEE Parallel (ECP) and USB 2.0
- Consumables: TN-540, TN-570, DR-510
- Input (max):
300 sheet total input capacity:
250-sheet lower paper tray
50-sheet multi-purpose tray
Optional 250-sheet lower paper tray (LT-5000)
- Output: 150 sheets face down
- Sheet Size:
Cut Sheets: Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B6
Envelopes: Com 10, DL, B5, C5
- Special Media: Plain paper, bond, transparencies, labels, card stock
- Duplex: Standard
- Interfaces: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet is standard
- Multi-Protocol Support :
- TCP/IP (ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), DNS, SSDP, IPP, FTP, WINS/NetBIOS, HTTP, LPR/LPD, Raw Port/PORT 9100, POP3/SMTP, SMB Print, TFTP, TELNET, SNMP)
- Apple's Zero network configuration for OS X 10.2.4 or greater
- Network Management: Web browser capable, BRAdmin Professional utility
(using TCP/IP), HP Jet admin capable, BRCONFIG, DOS utility, SNMP, MIB level
II as well as Brother printer MIB, front control panel configuration including
IP address, Web-BRAdmin
- Sheet Weight:
Standard tray: 16-28 lbs.
Multi-purpose tray: 16-43 lbs.
- Printer Drivers:
Mac® (Mac OS 8.6-9.2, OS X 10.1/10.2.1-10.3 or greater)
- Additional Software Features: Automatic duplex printing, Interactive
Help, Intelligent sleep mode, Quick Print Set-up Utility
- Support Features: On-line and off-line user support including Windows driver set-up, Interactive help, access to Brother Solutions Center (requires Internet access) animated maintenance and help tutorials
Weight 26.2 lbs.
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
- Feb 28, 2007
Bang for the buck, one of the best printers that I have ever owned. Crisp, clean printing on a variety of stock from 20lb paper to heavy vellum and envelopes. Great network speed. Awesome compatability. I am using it with Windows XP Pro and Mandriva Linux and both work like a charm.
Pros: Quick print engine. Duplex works like a charm. Grayscale graphics print beautifully. The ability to use a less complicated paper path means that envelopes and other media don't get as twisted as in other printers.
Cons: The printer's network configuration is a little difficult to get started. Had to create a seperate network to start it off.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
Warranty provided by: Brother
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: RB-EHL5170DN
UPC No: 012502612667
Box Size: ( Length: 20, Width: 20, Depth: 18 )
Shipping Weight: 33.3000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: B50-HL5170DN RB
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Brother logos are registered trademarks of Brother. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.