NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit "Turn 1 PC into 2 or More"Item#: N316-1014 | Model#: U170
Currently Out Of Stock!
You May Consider This Alternative
NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit Product Details
NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit
Turn one PC into two or more, with the NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit! NComputing has once again set the standard for simple and affordable desktop computing. NComputing's innovations include tightly integrated solutions that include the award-winning NComputing vSpace™ virtualization software and industry-leading, low-cost, rugged and reliable access devices. These solutions have made NComputing the global leader, with millions of daily users. To this highly successful product line, NComputing brings an unprecedented feature: plug-and-play simplicity.
Desktop virtualization does not have to be complex. Or expensive. Unlike other desktop virtualization solutions, NComputing does not need expensive and complicated servers and infrastructure. In fact, vSpace was designed to efficiently share the normally wasted CPU cycles in standard low-cost PCs. In an NComputing solution, vSpace creates multiple virtual workspaces in one physical computer, and then the additional users connect their monitors, keyboards, and mice, through a simple access device. With the NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit, connecting the access device to the shared computer couldn't be easier: just snap them together with the included USB cable.
The NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit is based on over ten years of product development and refinement. You could say that it was designed by the sharpest engineers in the world, a million rough-and-tumble kids, hundreds of CIOs, and thousands of IT staff who are on the desktop front lines every day. That's why the NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit has the most evolved and useful features on the market. For example, many customers complain that they don't have enough power outlets at the desktop and want to eliminate cable clutter, so we designed the NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit to get its power through the USB data cable.
In addition, the model NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit is a high-speed USB 2.0 peripheral that automatically assigns any other USB device attached to it to the user. That way, users don't have to assign their keyboards and mice every time they log in. We also use native USB drivers, so there are no limitations in USB compatibility or performance. And because the NComputing U170 USB-connected Virtual Desktop Kit device delivers stunning multimedia all the way up to 1650 x 1080 wide screen (or 1600 x 1200) with 32-bit color, it continues the NComputing tradition of delighting users and IT staff alike.
What It Is and Why You Need It
- A genuine NComputing solution -the undisputed global leader with a decade of experience and millions of daily users.
- Five-minute installation - just install vSpace software, attach a keyboard, mouse, and monitor the U170 device, and you're good to go.
- Stunning display quality - with high resolution and full-screen video.
- Green and clean - only 2 watts per user and it doesn't need a power adapter.
- Automatic login - set each U170 device to log in automatically. Great for kiosks, schools, children, and digital signage.
- Versatile - use the U170 as a compact VESA-mountable docking station for your laptop or netbook!
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not compatible with Windows 64bit versions
A Closer Look
- VGA Port
- Audio IN/OUT Port
- USB 2.0 (host connection) Port
- (2) USB 2.0 Ports (keyboard and mouse), also supports optional powered USB hub
- Width: 125 mm, Depth: 80, Height: 30 mm
- Powered through the USB cable (additional USB peripherals may require additional power through a powered hub)
- Normal display resolutions (16- or 32-bit color) @60 Hz
- 640 X 480
- 800 X 600
- 1024 X 768
- 1280 X 1024
- 1600 X 1200
- Wide display resolutions (16- or 32-bit color) @60 Hz
- 1280 X 720
- 1360 X 768
- 1440 X 900
- 1600 X 900
- 1680 X 1050
- Supports power-saving mode with VESA-compliant monitors
- 16-bit stereo audio input / output via 3.5mm stereo jacks
- Supports 32 bit operating system
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 2D graphics; full-screen, full-motion video
- FCC Class B, CE, MIC, RoHS
- 0 to 40 degrees Celsius
- 10 to 85% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- No moving parts (permits use in high dust / particulate / vibration environments)
- Maximum number of users per PC* Depends on the speed and performance of the PC
- Supported operating systems**: Microsoft Windows and Linux (refer to the support section of the NComputing website for the latest supported versions)
- For PC configuration, see recommended host configuration guide on the NComputing website
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: NComputing
Warranty provided by: Not Available
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; 36 months labor
Mfg Part No: U170
UPC No: 882508000207
Box Size: ( Length:9, Width:5, Depth:1)
Shipping Weight: 1.0000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: N316-1014
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- NComputing logos are registered trademarks of NComputing. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.