See more products
StarTech 2.5" USB 2.0 to IDE HDD Enclosure Product Details
StarTech IDE2510U2 External Hard Drive Enclosure
The StarTech IDE2510U2 External Hard Drive Enclosure offers an impeccable portable storage solution by transforming virtually any 2.5" IDE notebook hard drive into a portable storage device. This External Hard Drive Enclosure allows you to link your device to a host computer through USB 2.0 maximizing your device’s transfer speed of up to 480Mbps. This hard drive enclosure is perfect for saving high-end applications and digital multimedia. With its feather-like weight but tough aluminum material, you can place it right in your bag. The StarTech IDE2510U2 External Hard Drive Enclosure doesn’t require an external power supply, making it handy whenever you need to transfer or to back up your data. Order the StarTech IDE2510U2 External Hard Drive Enclosure now!
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- Compact, aluminum framework; portable solution for data storage
- Fast data access; enjoy transfer rates up to 480 Mbps with USB 2.0 connectivity without reliance on an external power source
- Light-weight, durable aluminum construction
- High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Power/activity LED
- Compatible with PATA (IDE) 66/100/133 Mbps drives
- Supports 2.5" form factor IDE hard drives
- Powered directly from the USB ports
- Compact, portable design
- Includes a protective carrying pouch
|Hard Drive Interface||IDE|
|Enclosure Interface||USB 2.0|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4.72" x 2.95" x 0.39"|
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
- Mar 24, 2012
Good external hard drive!
I bought the Star Tech IDE2510U2 to test a HD from a HP laptop. I quickly installed the HD into the case and took it to other computer to test it. The case performed as expected. I think that this is a very good item for the money. It is also slim and handy to put it in your pocket!
- El Exigent
- Jan 07, 2012
Over the past two years I've owned five of these. Two continue to work just fine. One quit after nine month. No PC would recognize it once plugged into the USB port. When I put my drive into another case, it worked, so it was not the drive. Two more I purchased did not work out of the box. Bottom line is, they seem to work OK when they do, but you never quite know what you're going to get. A refund was cheerfully offered though, so I've no complaints about cust svc.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
Warranty provided by: Startech
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: IDE2510U2
UPC No: 065030823647
Box Size: ( Length: 9, Width: 2, Depth: 6 )
Shipping Weight: 0.7000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: S262-3256
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Startech logos are registered trademarks of Startech. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.