USB-C SATA HDD DOCK SINGLE-BAY ENCLUSB Product Details
USB 3.1 SATA Upright Hard Drive & SSD Dock (Supports USB-C & Includes Cable for Legacy USB 3.0 & 2.0 Systems, Compatible with 8TB+ Drives)
- Take advantage of fast SATA III SSD/HDD drives and USB-C bandwidth for faster backups and data transfers. Includes USB-C and USB-A cables for compatibility with USB 3.1, 3.0, and 2.0 systems
- Supports all 2.5" and 3.5" SATA I, II, and III hard drives, solid state drives, and hybrid drives up to any capacity (8TB+). UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance
- Dock and included USB Type-C & Type-A cables support USB 3.1 Gen 2 connection to host at up to 10Gbps. Please note: disk throughput is limited to the 6Gbps maximum transfer rate of the SATA III interface. Compatible with 512e and 4K sector Advanced Format drives. Real world performance will vary depending on the disk drive and host system
- USB Type A cable is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 5Gbps or USB 2.0 480Mbps.
- Please note that IDE/EIDE/PATA, SCSI, SAS, mSATA, and M.2 drives are not supported. UASP functionality requires UASP capable host controller and operating system. No disk drive is included with purchase
The Plugable USBC-SATA-V is a single-bay SATA hard drive/SSD dock solution featuring a convenient toolless design as well as a vertical cartridge-style hot-swap system and driver-less, plug-and-play installation. The disk dock supports all 2.5 and 3.5 inch SATA I, II, and III hard drives, solid state drives, and hybrid drives up to any capacity (8TB+) using the latest ASMedia ASM1351E SATA III to USB 3.1 Gen2 bridge chipset and advanced firmware with USB Attached SCSI protocol (UASP) and bulk-only transfer (BOT) transfer support for maximum features and performance. The ASM1351E is a single chip solution built with advanced process technology to optimize the both power consumption and performance compared to previous generations of USB-to-SATA bridge ICs.
The SATA-V is perfect for a wide array of tasks and has many advantages over traditional external hard drives. Some common uses include recovering data off of disk drives pulled from non-working computers, cloning drives, and using inexpensive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) drives to use as rotating and off-site backups.
Any standard SATA interface drive is supported from traditional 3.5 inch mechanical spinning disk drives to 2.5 inch solid state drives. Hybrid drives (combination spinning disk and solid state) are also supported.
Drives up to 8TB have been tested and confirmed compatible and the dock supports 48-bit LBA which should support drives as large as 128 PiB (Pebibyte) assuming the host computer operating system supports drives of that size.
Manufactured by: Plugable
Mfg Part No: USBC-SATA-V
( Length:0, Width:0, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 1.5000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Plugable logos are registered trademarks of Plugable. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.