Are you looking to add additional storage but don't have the room in your server? The HP Smart Array P441 Controller is a low-profile, PCIe3 x8, 12 Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance, increased external scalability, and data protection for select HP ProLiant Gen9 rack and tower servers. It features eight external physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration (between any RAID levels) with flash back write cache (FBWC), global online spare, and pre-failure warning. This controller includes transportable FBWC allowing the data in the cache to be migrated to a new controller. The Gen9 family of controllers supports the HP Smart Storage Battery. With HP Smart Storage Battery, multiple Smart Array controllers are supported without needing additional backup power sources for each controller, resulting in simple upgrade process.
Increased Performance for Applications
Data Protection with Encryption Capability
- The HP Smart Array P441 Controller delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s external storage devices for increased performance in messaging, database or general server applications.
- Offers transportable 4 GB DDR3-1866 Flash Backed Write Cache providing up to 14.9 GB/s maximum cache bandwidth to reduce latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
- Optional HP SmartCache provides read and write acceleration for workloads such as databases or web pages.
Configuration Is Efficient and Simple
- The HP Smart Array P441 Controller offers optional HP Secure Encryption capability that protects data at rest on any bulk storage attached to the controller.
- Long-term data retention with 4 GB Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC) for improved data reliability.
- Delivers predictive spare activation for improved rebuild and increased uptime even in a recovery mode.
- The HP Smart Array P441 Controller and the attached storage devices are configured and managed by the easy-to-use HP Smart Storage Administrator software which is included in the intelligent provisioning of the server.
- Data compatibility between the HP Smart Array Controller family allows simple and easy migration at any time when needs for higher performance, capacity, and availability increase such as migrating an existing just a bunch of disks (JBOD) to a more advanced disk array configuration.