Are you looking to protect your data, expand the storage inside the server or secure the data? The HP Smart Array P440 Controller is a low-profile, PCIe3 x8, 12 Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance, increased internal scalability with SAS Expander card, and data protection for HP ProLiant Gen9 rack and tower servers. It features eight internal physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration between any RAID levels with flash back write cache (FBWC), global online spare, and pre-failure warning. The Gen9 family of controllers supports the HP Smart Storage Battery. With HP Smart Storage Battery, multiple Smart Array controllers are supported without needing additional backup power sources for each controller, resulting in simple upgrade process.
Increased Performance for Smoother Operations
Data Protection with Encryption Capability
- The HP Smart Array P440 Controller delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HP ProLiant Gen9 servers when connected to 12 Gb/s internal storage devices for increased performance in messaging, database or general server applications.
- Offers 4 GB DDR3-1866 Flash Back Write Cache providing up to 14.9 GB/s maximum cache bandwidth to reduce latency in write intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
- Optional HP SmartCache provides read and write acceleration for workloads such as databases or web pages.
Configuration Is efficient and Simple
- The HP Smart Array P440 Controller offers optional HP Secure Encryption capability that protects data at rest on any bulk storage attached to the controller.
- Long-term data retention with 4 GB Flash Back Write Cache (FBWC) for improved data reliability.
- Predictive spare activation for improved rebuild and increased uptime even in a recovery mode.
- The HP Smart Array P440 Controller and the attached storage devices are configured and managed by the easy-to-use HP Smart Storage Administrator software which is included in the intelligent provisioning of the server.
- Data Compatibility among the Smart Array controllers allows simple and easy migration at any time when needs for higher performance, capacity, and availability increase such as migrating an existing storage volumes to an array.