What if you could accelerate IT services, increase data center efficiency and double your bandwidth without doubling your costs and complexity? The HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter can be installed together with FlexibleLOM adapters for ProLiant Gen9 Server Blades to provide additional features. The adapter provides Tunnel Offload for efficient overlay networking to increase VM migration flexibility and network scale with minimal impact to server performance.
Traditional layer 2 networks limit mobility and scale of virtualized and multi-tenant workloads. When connected to HP 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch, it also supports RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) which increases host efficiency and lowers latency. When connected to HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Modules, the FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter provides 20 GbE performance and it can also provide 10 GbE performance when connected to HP 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch.
Features of the HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter
Lower Costs and Deliver Faster Services by Converging FCoE or RoCE with LAN Traffic on a Single Wire
- Convergence of FCoE or RoCE with LAN traffic on a single Ethernet wire
- Tunnel Offload improves network virtualization with VXLAN and NVGRE
- Improve operational agility and performance with RoCE
Improve Network Virtualization Performance and Scale with Tunnel Offload on a 20 GbE Adapter
- The HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter is specifically designed for HP ProLiant Server Blade. It is a mezzanine adapter which cost-effectively doubles server I/O bandwidth and avoids bottlenecks both today and in the future.
- Simplify the infrastructure by reducing 50% of the hardware (compared to 10G adapters), lowering operational costs and acquisition costs.
- The industry’s first product to converge FCoE or RoCE with LAN traffic on a single Ethernet wire.
- Combining both the FlexibleLOM and Mezzanine adapters in a single HP BladeSystem ProLiant Server can provide up to 80 Gb/s of converged bi-directional Ethernet bandwidth.
Improve Operational Agility with Faster VM Migration and Storage Data Access
- The HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter uses Tunnel Offload and a 2x bandwidth improvement to take full advantage of overlay networking.
- Increase I/O throughput up to 129%, and reduce CPU and power consumption by 46% and 122% respectively using Tunnel Offload.1
- Increase the scale of VMs/VLANs beyond the traditional limit of 4,096.
- Simplify network services provisioning.
- The HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter provides faster Microsoft Hyper-V Live Migration (using SMB with RoCE instead of TCP/IP).
- Reduce CPU consumption, lower latency and improve host VM density and server efficiency using RoCE.
- Provide up to a 4x improvement in small packet performance.1
- Network processor: Emulex XE-104
- Data rate: Two ports, each at 40 Gbps bi-directional; 80 Gbps aggregate bi-directional theoretical bandwidth.
- Bus type: PCI Express v3.0 (Gen 3) x8
- Form factor: Mezzanine Card
- Power: 7.5W Typical, 8.6W Max
- Server supported: ProLiant servers
- IEEE compliance: 802.3ae, 802.1Q, 802.3x, 802.1p, 802.3ad/LACP, 802.1AB(LLDP), 802.1Qbg, 802.1Qbb, 802.1Qaz, 802.3ap
- Compatible operating systems: Microsoft: Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2008, 2008 R2 (x64), Microsoft Windows PE 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 4.0 (x64), Microsoft Windows 7(x64), Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, R2 w/SP1, Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9,5.10,6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 7.0 (x86 & x64), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, SP2 & SP3 (x86 & x64), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86 & x64), FreeBSD 8.5, 9.2, 10.0 (NIC), VMware: VMware ESXi 5.0 U1, U2, U3, 5.1 U1, U2, VMware vSphere 5.5 U1, U2, Citrix XenServer 6.1, 6.2, 6.2 SP2, SP3
IT Brand Pulse. (2014, July). Test Report: OCe14000 Performance.