Working in unison with HP MSM and Unified Access Points, the IEEE 802.11ac-ready HP MSM Controller Series delivers a high-performance networking solution. The enhanced controller architecture scales to new WLAN standards without requiring a controller replacement. The MSM controllers provide advanced radio resource management (RRM), including client load balancing and interference mitigation. The MSM wireless controllers support a fast-roaming capability. Wireless security is comprehensive with integrated wireless IDS (MSM410, MSM430, MSM46x, and HP 425 access points) and support for internal and external authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) servers; a built-in stateful firewall; per-user VLAN mapping; and authentication.
- Wi-Fi Clear Connect: - Wi-Fi Clear Connect provides a system-wide approach to ensure WLAN reliability by proactively determining and adjusting to changing RF conditions. Optimizes WLAN performance by detecting interference from WiFi and non-WiFi sources using Spectrum Analysis capabilities built into the MSM430 and MSM46x Access Points, identifying rogue activity (MSM410, MSM430, MSM46x), and making decisions at a system-wide level..
- Diagnostic: client event log records association, authentication, and DHCP events; includes a packet capture tool for Ethernet and IEEE 802.11 interfaces (PCAP format), a wireless client data rate matrix, and a client status page; complete session logging provides detailed information for problem identification and resolution
- Spectrum Analysis (requires MSM430 or MSM46x models): Power/frequency spectrum analysis : measures noise from IEEE 802.11 remote sources. Signal detection/classification : identifies source of RF interference, e.g., Bluetooth, cordless phones, microwave ovens. Evaluation of channel quality : helps detect severe channel degradation and improves the reporting of poor RF performance.
- Automated work flows: Initial controller settings: define basic operational settings for the controller, e.g., network connections, security settings, and system time. Wireless network for employees: enables setup of a new wireless network for employees, e.g., network and security settings,and basic voice and video settings. Wireless network for guests: provides wireless access for guest users, e.g., network and security settings specific to guest access.
- Remote configuration and management: are available through secure Web browser, command-line (console port or SSH), SOAP, or SNMP
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Stateful firewall: enforces firewall policies to control traffic and filter access to network services; maintains session information for every connection passing through it, enabling the firewall to control packets based on existing sessions
- NAT/PAT: choice of dynamic partial address translation (PAT) or static network address translation (NAT) preserves a network's IP address pool or conceals the private address of network resources, such as Web servers, which are made accessible to users of a guest or public wireless LAN
- Authenticated network access: authenticates users with an internal or external RADIUS server or Microsoft® Active Directory before allowing full network connectivity
- Rate limiting: supports per-wireless client ingress-enforced maximums and per-wireless client, per-queue guaranteed minimums
- Centralized traffic: Layer 2 and Layer 3 QoS settings are maintained when using Mobility Traffic Manager or guest access
Mounting and enclosure
- Solutions enhanced for businesses: MSM7xx controllers deliver services for a range of vertical markets, including healthcare, hospitality, education, manufacturing, transportation, and service providers
- Powerful security capabilities: robust, identity- and role-based user account profiles use internalor external AAA services
- Solutions that cover the most important WLAN applications: HP MSM solutions deliver rich application support, including guest access, location-based services, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi), hotspot, surveillance, and secure point of sale
- Capacity that scales from small office to large campus: efficiently deploy wireless LANs (WLANs) with the MSM720 controller, which supports 10 to 40 APs; and the MSM760 and MSM765 zl controllers, which control 40 to 200 APs
Can be installed in any of the following chassis: HP 5406 zl (J8697A), 5412 zl (J8698A), HP 8206 zl (J9640A),and 8212 zl (J8715A).
Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
Operating relative humidity: 15% to 95% @ 104°F (40°C), noncondensing
Nonoperating/Storage temperature: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
Nonoperating/Storage relative humidity: 15% to 90% @ 149°F (65°C), noncondensing
Maximum heat dissipation: 188 BTU/hr (198.34 kJ/hr)
Maximum power rating: 55 W
Idle power: 30 W
UL 60950-1IEC 60950-1EN 60950-1CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1