The HP Smart Array P721m Controller is a PCI-Express (PCIe) 3.0 mezzanine card supporting direct attached SAS Storage. It is one of the highest performing controllers in the HP 6Gb/s SAS portfolio and provides new levels of reliability, connectivity, and storage performance for HP ProLiant Gen8 server blades through its support of the latest SAS technology and advanced RAID capabilities. HP Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP) 2.0 is included.
HP ProLiant Gen8 server blades environments requiring enhanced external storage via HP Smart Array.
New levels of reliability and storage performance for HP ProLiant Gen8 server blades environments
- Supports up to 227 zoned direct attached SAS or SATA hard drives per controller
- Delivers data migration between servers and external storage enclosures (supports D2600, D2700, D6000, MDS600 and P2000G3 SAS array systems)
- Flash Backed Write Cache up to 2GB increases performance and prevents data loss
- Enhanced performance with DDR3-1333 MHz 72-bit memory
- GUI-based configuration, management and diagnostic tools. Smart Array Advanced Pack 2.0 included.