Sans Digital EliteSTOR ES424X6+BS 24Bay SAS/SATA Product Details
The EliteSTOR ES424X6+BS is a 4U SAS 6G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution. Utilizing the latest 6G SAS expander technology, the ES424X6+BS provides over 24 Gb/s or 2400MB/s of bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES424X6+BS supports SATA or SAS 6Gbps hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 3Gbps SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the ES424X6+BS supports up to 24 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca ARC-1882X or LSI 9285-8E, the ES424X6+BS is capable of delivering over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES424X6+BS is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
• 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter).
• Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps bandwidth, performance can reach over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write.
• Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
• Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
• Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
• Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
• System Status - System status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
• All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
• Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1680X / ARC-1880X / ARC-1882X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Adaptec SAS RAID, and 3Ware SAS RAID Adapters.