Sans Digital EliteSTOR Expander Rackmount Server Product Details
Sans Digital EliteSTOR Rackmount Server
The EliteSTOR ES208X6+B is a 2U SAS 6G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution. Utilizing the latest 6G SAS expander technology, the ES208X6+B provides up to 24 Gb/s or 2400MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES208X6+B supports SATA or SAS 6Gbps hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 3Gbps SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the ES208X6+B supports up to 8 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca ARC-1880X or LSI 9280-8E, the ES208X6+B is capable of delivering over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES208X6+B is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 8 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter).
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write (tested with LSI9280-8E).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Optional hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1680X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Adaptec SAS RAID, and 3Ware SAS RAID Adapters.
Manufactured by: Sans Digital
Warranty provided by: Sans Digital
UPC No: 739410732828
Mfg Part No: ES208X6+B
( Length:4, Width:19, Depth:23)
Shipping Weight: 35.0000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Sans Digital logos are registered trademarks of Sans Digital. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.