Norton AntiVirus uses exclusive, patented layers of protection that work together to help keep you safe from even the sneakiest threats. It works in the background to fend off identity thieves, block scam websites, and tip you off to suspicious social media content and links. Plus, it removes hard drive clutter to give you more storage space—and even finds and eradicates nasty infections already lurking on your computer.
Features & Benefits:
Repels online invaders - Actively protects you from viruses, identity theft, and social media dangers.
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevents you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Anti-Phishing Technology blocks fraudulent “phishing” sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can’t be lost or stolen.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it’s too late.
- Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook wall and news feed for URLs containing security threats such as phishing sites, malicious downloads, and links to unsafe external sites.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
Protection for today’s—and tomorrow’s—threats - Automatic silent updates keep you one step ahead of new and not-yet-invented threats.
- Always up-to-date product automatically downloads and installs important product and feature updates when you’re not using your computer.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties—to update, renew, fix, or install Norton. Includes Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family, and Identity Safe.
- Windows 8 Compatibility touch-friendly support works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
- Live 24x7 Support gets you access to help online or by phone.1 (Not available in every country. Please refer to the updated support matrix for country-by-country specifics.)
A powerful antidote for PC poison - Deep-cleansing tools scour and disinfect even the nastiest infections that lesser products miss.
- Norton Power Eraser scrubs your computer of deeply embedded, difficult-to-remove infections.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency rescue CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up. (Boot to a clean OS.)
- Windows 8 App Remediation scans Windows 8 apps for threats and removes them.
- Exclusive, patented layers of protection neutralize viruses, spam, unsafe downloads, and dangerous websites.
- Stops identity thieves, protects your passwords, and blocks scam websites.
- Warns you about social media scams and suspicious posts.
- Keeps you safe from both today's and tomorrow's threats.
- Cleans out hard-to-remove infections.
- Minimum Memory Required: 256 MB of RAM
- Minimum Hard Drive Space Required: 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Processor (CPU): 300 MHz for Windows XP | 1 GHz for Windows Vista, 7 & 8
- Web Browser: Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1,2, Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only)2,3, Google Chrome 2,3
- Other System Requirements: Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients