Are you struggling to keep pace with ever-increasing workloads on a never-increasing budget? Virtualization delivers the benefits of faster deployment and consolidation, yet it demands greater performance and scalability from data center networks. The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch meets the needs of hyper-scale, private cloud storage environments by delivering market-leading 16 Gb FC technology and capabilities that support highly virtualized environments. Designed to enable increased flexibility and investment protection, the SN6500B switch scales from 48 to 96 ports and supports 4, 8, 10, or 16 Gb/s speeds in an efficiently designed 2U package. It also provides a simplified deployment process and features a user-friendly, point-and-click interface. The SN6500B offers low-cost access to SAN technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
Flexible Fabrics Support Highly Virtualized Environments for Cloud-Optimized Storage Area Networks
Designed for Ease-of-Use and Simplified Administration
- The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch delivers high-speed 16 Gb optimized inter switch links (ISLs) for twice the performance over traditional Fibre Channel switches. The net result is there are fewer links, fewer cables, fewer ports and less power for the same performance.
- Flexible speed options support 4, 8 or 16 Gb/s in an efficiently designed 2U package, protecting your existing SAN fabric investments.
- Configurable with 48, 72, or 96 ports.
Improved Bandwidth and Greater Efficiency for Cloud-Optimized Performance
- The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch provides diagnostic Ports (D_Ports) enabling IT to identify and isolate optics and cable problems, reducing fabric deployment and diagnostic times. Use D_Ports to run a variety of tests for ports, SFPs, and cables for faults, latency, and distance.
- Simplified deployment process and point-and-click user interface streamlines management.
- Optional SAN Network Advisor provides comprehensive management of data center SAN fabrics, including configuration, monitoring, diagnostics, best-practices validation, and management of B-series Directors, Switches, and Host Bus Adapters (HBAs).
Enhanced Scalability Allows for Expansion within Growing Organizations
- The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch provides unmatched bandwidth with 96 non-blocking 16 Gb/s ports in an efficient 2U form factor. Any eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gb Inter-Switch Links (ISLs).
- Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient available path.
- Provides frame-based trunking at rates up to 128 Gb/s for greater efficiency than Ethernet LAG.
- Reduces power consumption at 0.33 watts/Gb/s.
- Delivers low-cost access to industry-leading storage area networks (SAN).
- The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch enables unmatched, pay-as-you-grow scalability for evolving storage environments.
- Greater return on investment (ROI) due to reduced cabling and optics requirements in comparison with 8Gb SAN Infrastructure.
- Availability features: Hot code load; Ports on demand with no downtime
- Media type technology: B-series 16 Gb SFP+, 8 Gb SFP+ (AJ716B only)
- Aggregate switch bandwidth: 3072 Gb/s; Maximum
- Port speed: 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel
- Number of ports: (48 - 96) Fibre Channel; (48) Active
- Software (optional): Power Pack+ Software; 12-Port Upgrade; Integrated Routing; ISL Trunking; Fabric Watch; Advanced Performance Monitoring; SAN Network Advisor Professional+ or Enterprise
- Encryption capability: In flight encryption
- Protocol supported: Fibre Channel
- Management features: B-series SAN Network Advisor; Integration with Storage Essentials
- Models available: 48-port Active Switch, 48-port Active Power Pack+ Switch, 96-port Active Switch, 96-port Active Switch Power Pack+
- BladeSystem supported: No
- Upgradability: Varies by model
- Form factor: 2U