Not for use in any commercial, nonprofit or revenue generating activities, or by any government organization.
Microsoft Office Word 2013
The new Word gives you a new, clean view so you can enjoy the read right from your screen. Of course, you still get professional-grade tools for creating beautiful documents and working with others. Stay on top of the latest changes to a shared document, and all the conversations in the document. Have your documents saved and stored online, so you know you’re using the right version. Add polish and style with new compelling templates and tools, and support for online videos and photos. Polish. Work together. And enjoy the read.
Enjoy a screen-reading experience that’s easier on the eyes
- New Read Mode. Text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen reading.
- Object Zoom. In Read mode, you can easily zoom in on tables, charts, and images, and have them fill the screen.
- Resume Reading. Enjoy your reading, take a breather, and then pick up right where you left off—even on a different PC or tablet as it automatically bookmarks the last place you were reading.
Work together with even greater ease
- Reply Comment. Place and reply comments right next to the text you’re discussing, so everyone can readily see who replied to whom, and when.
- Simplified Sharing. Relax. You can be sure that you’re all tracking only the latest version, because your files are saved online on SkyDrive or SharePoint by default.
- Present Online. Project your document to everyone in your working group, even if they don’t have Word. Send them a link, and as you present the document on your screen, they can follow along in their browsers online.
Polish your docs like a pro
- PDF Reflow. Open a PDF in Word, and enjoy editing content, such as paragraphs, lists and tables, as if you created it in Word.
- Alignment Guides. Achieve that polished, professional look—align charts, photos, videos, and diagrams with your text.
- Live Layout. When you drag a photo, video, or shape to a position, text reflows instantly—right before your eyes.
What's new in Word 2013
Do more with your docs: Pop in an online video, open a PDF and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free—and it works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
Enjoy the read. Get absorbed in Word documents right from your screen with a new clean, comfortable reading view.
- New Read Mode - Enjoy reading with a view that displays your documents in easy-to-read columns on the screen.
- Object zoom - Double-tap with your finger or double-click with your mouse to zoom in and make tables, charts and images in your document fill the screen. Focus on and take in the information, then tap or click again outside the object to zoom out and continue reading.
- Resume reading - Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off.
- Online video - Watch online videos right in Word, without having to leave the document, so you can stay focused on the content.
- Expand and collapse - Collapse or expand parts of a document with just a tap or click.
Work together. Work with others with streamlined collaboration tools.
- Save and share files in the cloud - Now it’s easy to share a document using SharePoint or SkyDrive. From there you can access and share your Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, and other Office files. You can even work together with your colleagues on the same file at the same time.
- Simple markup - A new revision view, Simple Markup, provides a clean, uncomplicated view of your document, but you still see indicators where tracked changes have been made.
- Reply to comments and mark them as done - Comments now have a reply button. You can debate and easily track comments right next to the relevant text. And when a comment is addressed and no longer requires attention, you can mark it as done.
Add polish and style. With Word 2013 you can create more beautiful and engaging documents, and you can work with more media types - like online videos and pictures. You can even open PDFs.
- Start with a template - When you open Word 2013, you’re offered a choice of great new templates to help get you started along with a list your recently viewed documents so you can get back to where you left off in no time.
- Open and edit PDFs - Open PDFs and edit paragraphs, lists, and tables just like familiar Word documents. Take the content and make it look great.
- Insert online pictures and video - Add online videos directly to your documents that readers can watch right in Word. Add your pictures from online photo services without having to save them first to your computer.
- Live layout and alignment guides - Get a live preview as you resize and move photos and shapes in your document.