Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2013
Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2013 makes it easier than ever for individuals and teams to create and share professional, versatile diagrams that simplify complex information. It includes all of the functionality of Visio Standard 2013 as well as updated shapes, templates, and styles; enhanced support for team collaboration, including the ability for several people to work on a single diagram at the same time; and the ability to link diagrams to data. Visio Professional 2013 also adds additional stencils for business and engineering diagrams; process diagrams (including Business Process Model and Notation [BPMN] 2.0); maps and floor plans; network diagrams; and software and database diagrams.
Simplify complex information by creating professional diagrams in just a few clicks.
The new Microsoft Visio has:
- Features designed to make it easier to create diagrams—including quicker access to frequently used tools, new and updated shapes and stencils, and improved and expanded themes and effects.
- Tools to make teamwork simpler, such as the ability to work together on the same diagram at the same time and improved commenting—in both Visio and Visio Services.
- Improved touch support, including for Windows 8 and Visio Services in the new Microsoft SharePoint.
- Options to make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, with an expanded set of supported sources.
- The ability to share your diagrams with others through a browser (even if they don't have Visio installed) through Microsoft Office 365 or SharePoint.
- Support for updated diagramming standards, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0.
Create professional diagrams quickly: Create engaging diagrams in just a few clicks with updated shapes and new formatting options and tools.
- It's easier to start creating and customizing diagrams. Visio is packed with enhancements to make it easier to get started, find the stencils you want to use, and quickly get great-looking results with over 60 built-in templates, many with updated shapes.
- Perform common tasks more easily. Diagrams are seldom static, so Visio makes it easier than ever to update your diagram with new shortcuts for frequently performed tasks.
- Create great-looking organization charts more easily. One of the most used templates in Visio—the organization chart—just got even better with several new styles—from professional to playful, which you can apply with just one click, the ability to import pictures and improved layout options to help fine tune the way your org chart looks.
Work together on diagrams with your team: Collaborate on diagrams with new teamwork features.
- Work together on a single diagram at the same time. Streamline teamwork and reduce the risk of errors by allowing two or more people to work on the same diagram in a single file at the same time—from rearranging and adding shapes, to writing comments, to applying effects.
- Share diagrams through a browser on almost any device. By saving your Visio diagrams to Microsoft SharePoint—either on your company's servers or through Microsoft Office 365—you can make them instantly viewable through a browser for colleagues without Visio.
- Give feedback with improved commenting. The latest Visio release introduces features designed to make it easier to capture and address reviewers' feedback on diagrams. You can add comments to any diagram from virtually any device.
Link diagrams to dynamic data: Use the shapes in your diagram to make real-time data understandable at a glance.
- Link diagram shapes to data with a simple wizard. With Visio, you can link the shapes in your diagram to your business data to visually represent complex information. This allows you to reveal patterns and meaning in your data with data graphics, such as vibrant icons, symbols, colors, and bar graphs.
Use a powerful diagramming platform: Get an extensible and flexible platform for creating diagrams and solutions that fit your business.
- Enhance process management with support for BPMN 2.0 and updated validation rules. Visio can help you ensure that your diagrams meet the standards required by your business and you can use the built-in validation rules to help ensure your diagrams comply with the specification.
- Create visual workflows and publish them to SharePoint. Visio simplifies how you create SharePoint workflows and Microsoft Project workflows to support demand management. You can create and publish SharePoint workflows visually with updated support for Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 and also use Visio to create visual Project workflows for demand management, which work with both Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project Online.