Are you looking to protect your data with storage inside the server or secure encrypt your data without occupying a PCIe slot? The HP Smart Array P440ar Controller is a Flexible Smart Array, 12 Gb/s SAS RAID controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance, increased internal scalability with SAS Expander Card, and data protection for HP ProLiant Gen9 rack and tower servers. It features eight internal physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration between any RAID levels with flash backed write cache (FBWC), global online spare, and pre-failure warning. The Gen9 family of controllers supports the HP Smart Storage Battery. With HP Smart Storage Battery, multiple Smart Array controllers are supported without needing additional backup power sources for each controller, resulting in simple upgrade process.
Increased Performance for Applications
Data Protection with Encryption Capability
- The HP Smart Array P440ar Controller delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s internal storage devices for increased performance in messaging, database or general server applications.
- Offers integrated 2 GB DDR3-1866 Flash Backed Write Cache providing up to 14.9 GB/s cache bandwidth to reduce latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
- Optional HP SmartCache provides read and write acceleration for workloads such as databases or web pages.
Configuration Is Efficient and Simple
- The HP Smart Array P440ar Controller offers optional HP Secure Encryption capability that protects data at rest on any bulk storage attached to the controller.
- Long-term data retention with integrated 2 GB Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC) for improved data reliability.
- Delivers predictive spare activation for improved rebuild and increased uptime even in a recovery mode.
- The HP Smart Array P440ar Controller and the attached storage devices are configured and managed by the easy-to-use HP Smart Storage Administrator software which is included in the intelligent provisioning of the server.
- Data compatibility between the HP Smart Array Controller family allows simple and easy migration at any time when needs for higher performance, capacity, or availability increase such as converting an existing storage volume to more advanced disk array configuration.