Canon ST-E2 SPEEDLITE Transmitter Product Details
Canon ST-E2 SPEEDLITE Transmitter
Canon’s ST-E2 SPEEDLITE transmitter offers you wireless infrared control of your flash lighting while taking photos with a Canon Type A and Type B EOS cameras. It can control an unlimited number of 420EX, 430EX, 550EX, and 580EX flashes in two separate groups (A and B). This 550-EX-dedicated, clip-on Speedlite transmitter with direct contacts features four channels, flash ratio control (for A: B ratio: 1: 8 to 8:1, in half-step increments, or 13 steps), high-speed sync (FP flash) that’s enabled with high-speed sync mode. Other features include slave operation confirmation, flash exposure confirmation, and wireless slave SE mode cancellation. The ST-E2 SPEEDLITE transmitter boasts transmission ranges of approximately 12-15 meters when indoors, and 8-10 meters outdoors. Its estimated battery life is 1500 transmissions. Please see specifications below for complete details. For superior performance that professionals demand, order the Canon ST-E2 SPEEDLITE transmitter at this remarkably affordable price.
- Wireless slave SE mode cancellation: Cancels when the test transmission button or FE lock botton is pressed to turn on the slave unit.
- Wireless Transmission: Infrared pulse
- Transmission Range:
- Indoors: Approx. 12-15 meters/39.4 - 49.2 ft;
- Outdoors: Approx. 8-10/ 26.2-32.8 ft
- Transmission Coverage: ±40° horizontal and ±30° vertical
- Battery Life: Approx. 1,500 transmissions (At room temperature and with a new set of batteries)
- AF-assist Beam: Compatible with EOS-3's 45-point Area AF and 28mm and longer lens focal lengths
- AF-assist Beam Effective Range: Approx. 0,6 to 10 m/2.0 to 16.5 ft along the periphery (in total darkness).
- SE Feature: While the power switch is set to I or HOLD, the transmission turns off automatically after about 90 sec. of non-use.
- Power Source: 2CR2 lithium (6V) battery x 1
- Dimensions: 62 (W) x 51 (H) x 80 (D) mm/2,4 (W) x 3,1 (D) in
- Weight: 100 g/ 3.5 oz (exluding battery)
- Type: 550EX-dedicated, clip-on Speedlite transmitter with direct contacts
- Compatible Cameras: Type A EOS cameras (E- TTL, autoflash); Type B EOS cameras (Manual flash)
- Channels: 4
- Flash Ratio Control: For A:B ratio: 1:8 to 8:1, in half- step increments or 13 steps
- High- Speed Sync (FP flash): Enabled with high-speed sync mode
- Slave Operation Confirmation: With test transmission button.
*Slave A fires followed by slave B at 1/64 output.
- Flash Exposure Confirmation:
- Before flash fires during FE lock Adequate flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon lit in the viewfinder. Insufficient flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon blinking in the viewfinder.
- After flash fires ST-E2's flash confirmation lamp lights in green for
Manufactured by: Canon
Warranty provided by: Canon
UPC No: 082966581533
Mfg Part No: 2478A002
( Length:5, Width:3, Depth:2)
Shipping Weight: 0.4800 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Canon logos are registered trademarks of Canon. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.