EMC 2.25 TB Storage SystemItem#: SYXS-EMC-989973OH | Model#: SYXS-EMC-989973OH
Currently Out Of Stock!
Systemax 2.25TB Network Attached Storage (NAS) Product Details
Systemax EMC 2.25TB Network Attached Storage (NAS)
The Systemax EMC NAS System is a complete hardware and software Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution that instantly adds storage capacity to small business, small office/home office (SOHO), and home networks. Powered by software from EMC*, the worldwide leader in Information Management, it offers an intuitive user interface and an easy four-step setup process. Out-of-the-box RAID and Retrospect* backup software together deliver the necessary security to protect irreplaceable digital data like business files, photos, videos, and music libraries. With four USB 2.0 ports and four SATA ports (3 Gb/s), it's a powerful system that can be connected to most digital devices as well as business and home networks, for shared, centralized data access.
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® processor 420 running at 1.6 GHz
- Memory: DDR2 512MB
- Flash: DOM Socket provided on board
- Supports up to four 3.5" SATA (3.0 Gbps) Hard Disk
- (1) Intel® Gigabit LAN port
- (4) USB 2.0 connectors
- (2) eSATA Ports
- 250W PSU
Height: 122 mm (4.8”)
Width across body of enclosure: 406 mm (16”)
Depth from flange to rear of enclosure body: 336 mm (13.23”)
A Closer Look
Easy to Use
This NAS system will instantly and easily add capacity to a home or small business network. All PCs and networked devices are supported, including Apple computers and devices. Through an automatic, easy four-step configuration process, users will have a single, centralized location for the storage and protection of their valuable digital data. With one point of access, all users can easily share material without having to maintain separate copies on each networked machine. With up to four USB 2.0 ports, users may also gather and share their peripheral devices. Centrally stored games, video and other multimedia applications can be streamed to networked devices such as the Xbox 360*, Wii*, or MP3 networked devices. The system software will instantly recognize and support most standards-compliant hardware that is added to the network.
Protected and Reliable
Out-of-the-box RAID and Retrospect backup software togetherprovide the necessary protection for all users’ most important data. The Retrospect software automatically backs up all networked hard drives to the SS4200-E, which is then additionally protected by RAID technology. The security and data protection features can be configured to provide automatic notification when something goes wrong—before valuable data is lost. The Intel three year warranty and support, coupled with Intel quality engineering and validation provide peace of mind.
The basic system comes with an industry leading Intel® Celeron® processor 420 at 1.6 GHz for high performance and power efficiency. There is enough headroom to accommodate as much as three terabytes of data in a RAID 5 configuration, using currently available 1 TB drives.
Other features and benefits
- Client backup support Windows*, Mac*
- Client access Windows, Mac
- Browsers supported Windows Internet Explorer*, FireFox*, Opera*, Konqueror*, Wii*, Windows Mobile Internet Explorer,* PSP,* Nokia N800,* Safari*
- SSL for browser-based interface Self generated certificate, 128-bit encryption key
- Integrated backup software EMC Retrospect for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac
- Media services supported uPnP AV/DLNA, Xbox 360*, PS3*, iTunes*, FrontRow*, Roku*, PSP
- Built-in content indexing Index and search document contents in the following MIME formats: Text (.txt/.text),HTML (.html/.htm/.shtml/.php), MS Word (.doc/.dot) MS Excel (.xls) MS PowerPoint (.ppt) Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Peripheral support USB 2.0, eSATA, digital cameras, iPods*
- Active directory support AD Member Server, Single Sign-On, Authentication by Domain Controller, Automatic Private Share Creation, Automatic Time Synchronization with Domain Controller
- Administrator access Multiple simultaneous administrator users accounts
- Protection level No-touch automatic RAID 5, RAID 10, and 2-drive RAID 1
- Power savings/management UPS support, drive spin-down capabilities for power-saving mode
- Supported services Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Common Internet File System (CIFS)
- E-mail events Yes
- Physical device monitoring, error notification CPU temperature, fan status, disk status, voltage monitoring, E-mail notification
- Localization System software: Language support for English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, and Russian. Support for all time zones.
- Retrospect: Support for six languages on Windows – Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian. Support for four languages on MAC – Japanese, English, French, and German.
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: Systemax
Warranty provided by: Systemax
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: SYXS-EMC-989973OH
Box Size: ( Length:21, Width:17, Depth:8)
Shipping Weight: 25.4000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: SYXS-EMC-989973OH
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Systemax logos are registered trademarks of Systemax. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.