Whether you’re working with HDV, XDCAM HD, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra, Avid DNxHD, or a combination of multiple formats, frame rates, and resolutions, you get the world’s most advanced film and editing system, plus capture and monitoring capabilities, with Media Composer Mojo DX.
- See what’s new in Media Composer 4 software
- Capture media from a variety of digital sources
- Accelerate your storytelling with celebrated tools and media management
- Work with any format and integrate into any workflow
- Get the look, quality, and effects you envision
- Share projects and media for deadline-driven, real-time collaboration
- Connect with the worldwide, world-class Avid community
- Mix and match frame rates (in addition to formats and resolutions) in the same timeline
- Share Mac-based Media Composer projects with Pro Tools editors through Video Satellite
- Encode and deliver final masters in Panasonic AVC-Intra format
- Instantly access and edit GFCAM 100 Mb-formatted media through AMA
- Be more creative and productive with new updates to the included Production Suite
- Create low-res proxies of archived HD 720p media for faster reviewing and retrieval
- Capture and preserve ancillary and closed captioning data on Nitris DX and Mojo DX systems
- Monitor 1080p24 projects on NTSC monitors with Symphony Nitris DX systems
- View stereoscopic material side-by-side for a more natural line of sight
- Get more monitor choices for viewing stereoscopic media
- Experience improved playback with DV100 media
- Get improved playback of QuickTime DNxHD media in Pro Tools
- View 16 tracks at a time in the audio mixer, in addition to 4- and 8-track display
- Work with AAF files larger than 2 GB
- Get more levels of undo
- Work with complex scenes even easier with multicamera editing improvements
- Gain precision and save time with auto-zoom for motion tracking and stabilization
- Move clips without having to rebuild transitions with transition preservation
- Get better archive and restore control with new recapturing and decomposing features
- Manage clips in the timeline easier with improvements to clip color coding
- Gain better edgecode handling when using the Timecode burn-in effect
- Enter timecode more easily when using a keyboard without a numeric keypad
- Directly register Media Composer through the activation dialog (may require an Internet connection)
- Get support for the latest qualified NVIDIA hardware with the updated driver
Mix and Match Frame Rates
Work with mismatched media without rendering or restriction. With the new Frame Rate Mix & Match feature, you can mix and match SD and HD formats at 24, 29.97, 30, 50, and 59.94 fps in the same timeline. Eliminate the time and money spent on external transcoding and frame rate conversions, and enjoy real-time, broadcast-quality playback
Sync with Pro Tools Editors
With the Video Satellite option, Pro Tools editors can now use a Mac OS X-based Media Composer system (in addition to Windows Vista and XP) as a Pro Tools Video Satellite, meaning you won’t have to transcode video, render effects, or copy files for them. Learn more about Pro Tools interoperability with Avid systems in this white paper.
Deliver Masters in AVC-Intra Format
Easily integrate into the popular Panasonic AVC-Intra pipeline and deliver final masters in AVC-Intra (P2) format for further handling and playout. With new AVC-Intra encoding, you can work with any P2 project in its original native format, from acquisition to delivery, for the quickest project turnarounds.
Expanded GFCAM Support
With this latest release, you can instantly access and edit Ikegami GFCAM 100 Mb-formatted material (in addition to GFCAM 50 Mb material) directly on GFPAK media or an AMA Virtual Volume through AMA (Avid Media Access). Get the fastest GFCAM workflow from shoot to edit, with full native support for the format and all metadata.
Be More Creative and Productive
With new features, tools, filters, and support in the included Production Suite (formerly Software Suite), you can be even more creative and productive than ever before. Create stunning visual effects with new filters and effects in Avid FX 5.8 and Boris Continuum 6. Get higher quality encoding, Mac burning, and expanded codec support in Sorenson Squeeze 5. Create music tracks with more ease with SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5. And author and burn DVDs and Blu-ray Discs with Avid DVD by Sonic 6 (Windows only).
Editing Done Right
Storytelling on the Cutting Edge
With the industry’s most powerful, accurate, and flexible editing tools around, you can cut smarter and faster than ever. Trim on the fly with your mouse or keyboard, use dual-rolling trim, or nudge frame-by-frame. Slip and slide clips quickly with comprehensive 2-, 4-, or 6-frame display modes. And customize the interface, shortcuts, and keyboard layout to maximize your speed and comfort.
Scripted Editing Made Easy
Take the work out of editing movies, television shows, and other script- and transcript-based projects, such as documentaries and reality TV. The unique ScriptSync feature automatically syncs all relevant clips to your script phonetically, so you can find the best takes fast. Line up dailies to the script in minutes — not hours — giving you more time to refine the story instead of digging through bins.
Mix and Match Media
Add and edit practically any combination of PAL, NTSC, SD, and HD formats in real time — regardless of the resolution or frame rate — in the same timeline, without rendering or transcoding. Whether you’re editing online or offline, you can mix and match media of different formats, codecs, resolutions, and frame rates, and enjoy real-time broadcast-quality playback.
Management You Can Count On
Whether you work alone or as a team, never worry about losing source material and rendered files with the most reliable and robust media management available keeping track of all project assets and metadata for you. Create custom metadata fields to track media the way you want. And easily search, sift, and sort to find information beyond the scope of OS-level searches.
Real-Time HD Editing
Edit HD material in real time, and in optimal mastering picture quality, using Avid DNxHD encoding. Whether your HD workflow is online or offline, you can maximize your productivity, reduce storage requirements, and maintain the highest image quality — even over multiple generations — without additional hardware.
Seamless Integration into Any Workflow —
Tapeless Becomes Waitless
Experience the fastest tapeless workflows in the industry with AMA (Avid Media Access). Directly access XDCAM HD/EX, P2/AVC-Intra, and GFCAM media and metadata on a connected disc/card or device without having to transcode, import, or rewrap files. And download support for additional formats as they become available.
Work Natively with SD and HD Codecs
Start editing footage right away, with native support for a wide range of SD and HD codecs, including DV, HDV, XDCAM HD/EX, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra, and GFCAM. No need to transcode, even when mixing codecs in the same timeline.
Streamline your offline/online workflow, and get a seamless path to finish and master projects, with complete integration between Media Composer and Avid Symphony and DS systems. Directly share offline projects and media for finishing, with all media clips, edits, and effects directly available, so you can start the online without delay.
Work with RED, Stereoscopic, and Other Single-Frame Files
With MetaFuze*, you can quickly merge RED (R3D), DPX, TIFF, QuickTime, or even stereoscopic 3D files from film scanning or CGI systems into a single native Avid DNxHD or uncompressed media clip for editing. You can even display and edit 3D material offline — without conforming — using industry-first stereoscopic editing tools and workflows.
Sync with Pro Tools Editors
Make the audio post workflow easier by making projects directly accessible to Pro Tools audio editors through Video Satellite. No need to render effects, transcode video, or copy files for the audio team, as they can simply tap into any Media Composer system to open and play Avid HD and SD sequences (including DNxHD) in high quality, in full resolution, and in sync with their sessions.
For film, you have the industry's most powerful and accurate film workflow in your hands with the award-winning Avid Film Composer toolset. Save time with automatic audio and video syncing and seamless tracking of timecode, Keykode, and other metadata.
Timecode and Subtitling Ease
With the Timecode Generator, you can create onscreen timecode displays in real time to speed up any online or audio post workflow. And with the SubCap Generator, you can easily create open captions and subtitles, and import and export in Avid DS and standard EBU N19 subtitle formats.
Ready For Delivery
Whether you need to output your project for the web, electronic delivery, or back into the tapeless pipeline, you have the tools you need to quickly deliver your work in the absolute highest quality. Optimize your video for the web, and burn projects to DVD and CD. If you’re using a Windows-based system, you can also author DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and fast-turnaround approval DVDs (use native authoring tools on a Mac).
Smoother BWF Workflows
Ease the post audio workflow when exporting timeline audio tracks as BWF (Broadcast WAV) files. Just insert the sequence timecode based on your project type as you’re exporting the tracks to create a fast and easy sync reference for downstream processes that don’t support OMF or AAF, such as slave playback devices.
* MetaFuze works with Windows-based computers, including Windows XP and Vista, Macs running Windows through Boot Camp or other emulation.