The all new s6500 4U chassis can accommodate up to eight half-width servers. It gives you the ability to mix and match server nodes, and also allows for single node serviceability (SNS) - making it an extremely flexible chassis. This means that you can add or remove compute capacity based on your business needs. The highly efficient multi-node chassis with shared power and cooling components, including energy efficient fans and optional hot-plug redundant PSU helps reduce power consumption to a large extent when compared to previous generation servers.
High performance computing, service provider and enterprise application requiring a multi node chassis for compute density and power efficiencies.
Chassis Redundancy and Efficiency
- Right-sized HP ProLiant power supplies from 460 Watts at 94% efficiency, 750 Watts at 94% efficiency, to 1200 Watts at 94% efficiency
- Support for hot plug redundant or non redundant fans
- Ability to mix and match half-width server trays in one chassis
- Single node serviceability allows you to server one tray while the other trays continue to operate
- Chassis uses shared power and cooling for better efficiencies