See more products
Sans Digital TR8M+B TowerRAID Hard Drive Enclosure - 8 Bays, 3.5" SATA to eSATA, RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, JBOD, 2-Port eSATA PCIe Card Included, BlackItem#: S78-1230 | Model#: TR8M+B
- List Price:
- Instant Savings:
- - $80.00 (23%)
- Usually ships within 3 - 5 Business Days (Details)
Sans Digital 8Bay 3.5" SATA to eSATA HDD Enclosure Product Details
Sans Digital TR8M+B TowerRAID Hard Drive Enclosure
The Sans Digital TR8M+B TowerRAID Hard Drive Enclosure is a compact RAID tower utilizing the latest SATA II port multiplier feature, where one single eSATA cable connects to eight SATA hard drives. Designed with easy installation in mind, the Sans Digital TR8M+B TowerRAID Hard Drive Enclosure is designed with eight hot-swappable tray modules so that hard drives could be removed and installed with ease. The included dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID controller card allows the connection of eight hard drives using only two cables, while all drives could be configured into a single or multiple RAID arrays, providing over 200MB/s in performance. Get the best results with the Sans Digital TR8M+B TowerRAID Hard Drive Enclosure.
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- Dual eSATA 6 Gbps PCIe 2.0 x1 controller card; provides a robust RAID engine which offers enhanced performance by 5 times
- Multi-bay tower; manage to operate and administrate smaller volumes individually
- Bundled with RR622 RAID controller card for over 250MB/s of RAID 5 performance.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+ spare, spanning and JBOD.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0.
- Supports online expansion to expand capacity without the need to recreate the RAID volume and erase the existing data.
- Built-in real time hard drive health monitoring and e-mail notification for critical events.
- Supports PC, Linux and MAC OS; including Windows 7 and Snow Leopard.
- Accesses eight hard drives using only two cables.
- Host interface: eSATA with Port Multiplier.
- Drive interface: 8 x 3.5" SATA I / SATA II.
|Hard Drive Interface||SATA|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||5.9" x 13.4" x 13.4"|
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
- Feb 01, 2013
Excellent enclosure for great price.
I had actually purchased this enclosure about a year ago now, but wanted to hold out before writing the review to see how my experience with it is. I'm very impressed with this unit. Other 8 bay RAID enclosures are very expensive, this one comes with all the necessary hardware, makes it a breeze to setup the RAID, and it executes self-health checks periodically to make sure all the drives are in good health. Built in sensors also ensure optimal temperatures. I was at first a bit hesitant about the brand (as I haven't dealt with them much before or heard of them,) but I'm very impressed with Sans Digital. Would definitely recommend.
- Oct 20, 2011
Decent but need an add on card
The included card is garbage, as noted by many people online. I replaced it with a pciex8 esata card, and this resolved the extremely slow xfer speeds. The array was very well packaged, and is solid. The drive trays are plastic but don't feel like they will come apart. There were enough screws included 4 per drive tray to secure each drive. Overall value would have been 5 except for the esata card.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
Warranty provided by: Sans Digital
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: TR8M+B
UPC No: 739410733290
Box Size: ( Length: 6, Width: 14, Depth: 14 )
Shipping Weight: 20.0000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: S78-1230
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Sans Digital logos are registered trademarks of Sans Digital. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.