See more products
- Accessories (6)
- AMD APUs (5)
- CPU Fans (84)
- CPUs (418)
- CrossFire Ready (2)
- HDMI Ready (2)
- Intel Atoms (1)
- Socket 775 (1)
- LGA 1366 / Socket B (3)
- LGA 1156 / Socket H (1)
- LGA 1155 / Socket H2 (125)
- LGA 2011 / Socket R (13)
- Mini ITX (11)
- Motherboard Combos (87)
- NVIDIA IONs (2)
- SLI Ready (2)
- Socket AM3 (4)
- Socket AM3+ (25)
- Socket F (1)
- Socket FM1 (12)
- Socket FM2 (22)
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 990FX Chipset, 2000MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, RAID, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, SuperSpeed USB 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI ReadyItem#: G452-1042 | Model#: GA-990FXA-UD3
- Our Experts Recommend:$457.99*After Rebate
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard Product Details
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard
The GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard is designed to offer a stable, high-speed platform for delivering amazingly fast data transfer via the GIGABYTE 333 onboard acceleration technologies. Featuring the USB3.0 controller, the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard allow users to take advantage of super fast USB transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, delivering 10x faster data transfer compared to USB 2.0.
Utilizing the industry's first Serial ATA Revision 3.0 solution via AMD SB950 chipset, the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard offer native 6 ports of next generation high speed data storage devices support with data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10.
The GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard introduces a unique hardware design with lower resistance fuses for ensuring lower voltage drops and providing more stable and plentiful power delivery. All USB ports also benefit from a 3x power boost for better power delivery to power hungry USB devices.
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- Supports newest AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II series processors
- Advanced 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for AMD high-TDP CPU support
- 4 PCI-E 2.0 interfaces for 2way AMD CrossFireX and SLI multi-graphics support
- AMD SB950 provides 6 native SATA3 ports with superfast 6Gbps link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support
- Supports USB 3.0 with superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps
- GIGABYTE 3x USB Power with On/Off Charge USB ports
- Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Turbo XHD technology accelerating hard drive performance with ease
- Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
- Hi-def 108dB Signal-to-noise ratio Blu-ray DVD audio playback
- Patented DualBIOS with Hybrid EFI technology for 3TB HDD support
- Supports Dolby Home Theater audio
GIGABYTE's AMD motherboards are ready to support new generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ multi-core processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming.
Multi-display support with 2 way SLI™ and 2 way CrossFireX
Flexible graphics capabilities - Up to 2 VGA cards are supported for either 2 way CrossFireX™ or 2 way SLI™ action (running at two x16 bandwidth), delivering the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Note: Please update the latest version of BIOS from GIGABYTE website and VGA driver from vender’s website.
A Closer Look:
- Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
- To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first.
- For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots.
- Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
- Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
|Processor Interface||Socket AM3+|
|Processors Supported||AMD Phenom II|
|AMD Athlon II|
|AMD AM3+ FX|
|Multi-GPU Support||SLI Ready|
|Memory Supported||DDR3 1333MHz|
|DDR3 2000MHz (OC)|
|Number of Pins||240-Pin|
|Maximum Memory Supported||32GB - 64bit|
|Number of Slots||4|
|Max. Memory Supported Per Slot||8GB|
|Audio Chipset||Realtek® ALC889|
|Video Chipset||No Video Onboard|
|LAN Type||10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit|
|PS/2 Keyboard Connectors||1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Combo port|
|Serial Communication Ports||1 header|
|USB Ports (Total)||18|
|USB 3.0 Ports||2 (rear)|
|USB Rear Panel Ports||8|
|USB Onboard Headers||3 - (expandable to 6 USB ports)|
|1 - (expandable to 2 USB 3.0 ports)|
|Audio Out Jacks||4|
|Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s Headers||None|
|Serial ATA 6.0Gb/s Headers||6|
|2 - External|
|ATX Power Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX Main Power Connector|
|PC Power Connectors||1 - 8 Pin|
|Fan Connectors||1 x CPU|
|1 x System|
|S/PDIF Connectors||1 - Optical|
|PCI Express X1 Slots||2|
|PCI Express X16 Slots||4|
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 5 of 43
- Next »
- May 02, 2013
Haven't fired it up yet.
I just want to say that I bought this mother board about 1 month ago, but haven't fired it up yet. It looks nice, and I've heard good things about Gigabyte boards, so I hope it will perform well. As for lack of PCI express 3.0 slots... NO north bridge chipset, Intel or AMD, supports PCI X 3.0, only the PCI X 2.0; I've done the research; so don't expect much of a gain in graphics performance despite having a graphics card with PCI X 3.0; no big deal there. I'll revise my review when I have the board installed and running.
- Feb 27, 2013
first computer build
my first computer build and it was awesome!!! very easy to install and works better than expected!
- Feb 06, 2013
Build this with amd fx8350 with 8gb of ran and it runs like a monster. It is really fast and i am glad for purchasing it. The on board sound is not that good and makes some weird noises but not really a problem. if it is a problem for u, u can just get a $20 add in audio card and it will be a perfect mobo.
- Jan 30, 2013
No Problems on first startup
This was my second complete computer build. I used a FX-8350 CPU along with this motherboard. I was a little disappointed that the PCI-E plug was 2.0 not 3.0 (no AMD Mobo had it), but I found an inexpensive GTX-570 card (2.0)to use as the graphics card. I am glad I did. The entire computer started up without a problem after the build and thoroughly checking out all connections. The frame rate made a dramatic increase over my old computer during gaming. There is software that came with the motherboard to overclock the CPU, but I don't really need to use it. It is fast with all of my games (Battlefield, Planetside2, Warcraft). I think I saved a lot of money going the AMD route.
- Jan 11, 2013
Joys of RMAs
Bought this mb because of the reviews. Thought it would work nicely with the AMD FX-8350. Got everything installed including H100 cooler and GTX 460 video card. New install of win7 and then tried to connect to internet. Long story short, the lan port was not functional, doesnt have MAC address. Worked with Gigabyte tech over a week(all done with email) and after everything including flashing the bios still no lan port. Computer is not much good if you can't connect. Should have gone with the Asus first. My mistake. Now I get to go thru RMA process, wonderful.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 5 of 43
- Next »
Warranty provided by: GIGABYTE
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; 36 months labor
Mfg Part No: GA-990FXA-UD3
UPC No: 818313012890
Box Size: ( Length: 12, Width: 10, Depth: 2 )
Shipping Weight: 3.2500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: G452-1042
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- GIGABYTE logos are registered trademarks of GIGABYTE. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.