The HP SN6000C Fibre Channel Switch is a high-performance, flexible, cost-effective platform providing high-density, 8 Gb/s ports for storage networking deployments in small, medium-sized, and large enterprise environments. The SN6000C offers outstanding value by providing high-availability, security, and ease of use at a cost-effective price in a compact one-rack-unit (1RU) form factor.
With the flexibility to expand from 16 to 48 ports in 8-port increments, the SN6000C offers the densities required to scale from an entry-level departmental switch to top-of-the-rack switch to edge connectivity in enterprise SANs. The SN6000C delivers a non-blocking architecture, with all 48 1/2/4/8-Gb/s ports operating at line rate concurrently. The SN6000C is powered by NX-OS Software and is compatible with C-series 9500 Series Multilayer Directors and C-series MDS 9100 and 9200 Series Multilayer Fabric Switches, providing transparent, end-to-end service in core-edge deployments.
- Port speed: 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel
- Number of ports: 16 Fibre Channel
- Aggregate switch bandwidth: 256 Gb/s; 16-ports enabled
- Encryption capability: AES 256-bit
- Protocol supported: Fibre Channel
- Availability features: Non-disruptive software upgrades, dual hot-swappable power supplies (with integrated fans for redundancy), and hot-swappable fans
- Form factor: 1U
- Management features: Cisco MDS 9000 Family Command Line Interface (CLI), Cisco Fabric Manager with Quick Configuration Wizard, Cisco Fabric Manager Server (optional), Cisco Enterprise Package (optional)
- BladeSystem supported: No
- Upgradability: 8-port upgrade license
- Models available: 16-port model, 32-port model
- Media type technology: Small Form Factor (SFF)
- Software (optional): MDS 9100 Fabric Manager Server, MDS 9100 Enterprise Package