Night Owl FS-84500 Network DVR Security System - 8 Channel, H.264, 500GB, 4 Cameras, Smart 3G Cell Phone and iPhone AccessItem#: N247-1042 | Model#: FS-84500
Night Owl 8-Channel 4-Camera DVR Security System Product Details
Night Owl FS-84500 Network DVR Security System
The Night Owl FS-84500 Network DVR Security System is an advanced H.264 smart DVR that allows the user to access it remotely from both the internet via internet explorer and/or select 3G smart cell phones, including your iPhone. The Night Owl FS-84500 Network DVR Security System includes 4 indoor/outdoor night vision cameras (expandable up to 8) with 60ft of cable per camera, a pre-installed 500GB security hard drive and a simple point and click interface all combined into an easy to use H.264 smart DVR. This Night Owl FS-84500 Network DVR Security System gives you the ability to record and monitor your home or business remotely, which is a must in today’s environment.
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- H.264 technology delivers stunning video quality at remarkably low data rates.
- This smart H.264 DVR will allow you to view all of your cameras remotely on select 3G smart phones.
- This network ready H.264 DVR kit allows you to view and control your system over the internet using Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
- Motion activation allows you to record only when necessary, and makes it easy to find important footage during video playback.
A Closer Look
- Video Compression: H.264
- Operating System: Linux with Simple Point and Click Interface
- Video Input: 8 Channel BNC
- Video Output: 2 BNC and 1 VGA (BNC to RCA Cable Included)
- Audio Input / Output: RCA 1-Channel / 1-Channel
- Display Frame Rate: 240fps – Full D1
- Recording Frame Rate: 240fps@CIF
- Display Resolution: VGA (1024x768 or 800x600) BNC (704x480)
- Record Resolution: D1(704x480), HD1(704x240), CIF(352x240)
- Record Modes: Motion Activated, Continuous, Sensor Activated and Time Schedule
- Display Modes: 9 Channel, Quad, and Single Channel
- Audio Alarm Modes: Motion Detection, Video Loss, HD Error and Full
- Playback Options: Event, Time and Date
- HDD Capacity: 1TB (pre-installed 500GB)
- Backup: USB 2.0 (USB; Keys, HD)
- PTZ Control: RS-485, Pelco-P and Pelco-D
- Mouse Control: Yes (mouse included)
- Remote Control: Yes (remote included)
- Multi-Tasking: Triplex (Record, Playback, and Remote Access Simultaneously)
- Network Interface: RJ45, 10M/100M (Ethernet Cable Included)
- Network Protocol: Supports TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DDNS, PPOE
- Internet Viewing: Internet Explorer 6 or Higher (5 users at once)
- Mobile Phone Viewing: Smart Phones on 3G Network Including (Windows Mobile Pro, Symbian S60 V3 and iPhones
- Compatible OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7
- Power Supply: DC19V, 3A
- Operating Temperature: 40°F - 110°F
- Dimensions (L*W*H): 11.8" x 9.8" x 2.4"
- Image Sensor: 1/4" Color CMOS
- Resolution: 400 TV Lines
- Number of Led’s: 11
- Length of Night Vision: Up To 30ft
- Lens Type: 6.0mm (42° field of view)
- IP Rating: IP-65 (water resistant)
- Length of Cable: 60ft per camera
- Signal: NTSC
- S/N Ratio: >48dB
- Minimum Illumination: 0 LUX
- Effective Pixels: 510 * 492
- Power Supply: DC 12V
- Operating Temperature: 14°F - 104°F
- Dimensions (L*W*H): 2.0" x 3.0" x 2.0"
|Utilizing H.264 compression this system records up to 1 year of video with (2) its pre-installed 500GB security certified SATA hard drive. The hard drive was specifically designed for DVR's, and provides faster read/write times and reliable recording of your video surveillance footage.|
|H.264 technology delivers stunning video quality at remarkably low data rates. An upgrade to the MPEG4 standard, this ultra-efficient technology gives you excellent results across a broad range of bandwidths, from remote access via internet explorer to remote viewing on your 3G smart phone. H.264 compression also allows you to save more video footage than traditional compression methods thus giving you up to 50% more storage.|
|Having the ability to check on your home or business has never been easier. This smart H.264 DVR will allow you to view all of your cameras remotely on select 3G smart phones(1). Windows Mobile, Symbian and iPhone on 3G networks are all compatible with the Falcon-8500.|
|This network ready H.264 DVR kit allows you to view and control your system over the internet(1) using Internet Explorer 7 or higher. No matter where you are in the world you can log into your system and watch real time video streams, playback previously recorded files and even backup the system remotely. The network ready feature also turns any computer screen on your network into a live surveillance center. (Ethernet cable included)|
|The Night Owl 8500 Network DVR Security System comes equipped with a state of the art, easy to use icon based interface. All you need to do is point and click to access any of the features of the DVR. The interface is very user friendly and comes equipped with both a USB mouse and remote control.|
|Motion activation allows you to record only when necessary, and makes it easy to find important footage during video playback. This will save you time and conserve hard drive space. Enhanced motion detection settings ensure that false alarms are not triggered. An easy motion detection mask allows you to block out areas with constant movement, such as roads or trees.|
|The 8500 easily connects to your TV for instant viewing. This DVR comes equipped with 2 optional BNC to RCA video outputs so you can connect multiple TV’s. For your convenience we have included a 6ft RCA cable.|
|In addition to being able to connect directly to your TV, the 8500 also comes equipped with a VGA output jack to connect directly with any computer monitor or TV with a VGA input. (VGA cable not included)|
|The video search feature will save you time when trying to locate a particular video file. You have the ability to search by time, date and/or event.|
|The 4 indoor/outdoor(4) color cameras provide you with a clear, crisp, and enhanced image at 400 TV lines of resolution. The cameras come equipped with 12 infrared LEDs that allow you to see in the darkness, up to 30 feet away! (3)|
|The built-in USB port allows you to backup your important video footage directly to a USB flash drive, external USB hard drive or an external DVD/CD writer (peripherals not included).|
|Utilizing Hexaplex technology the DVR allows you to record, playback, remote mobile view, backup, control and remote access all at the same time. This ensures that you do not miss any important video footage no matter what you are doing.|
|The FS-84500 gives you the option when the hard drive is full to either stop recording or overwrite your old footage. Overwrite mode will automatically delete the oldest file and replace it with newly recorded file. This feature ensures that your DVR records important video footage even when the hard drive has reached its capacity.|
|The FS-84500 displays all 8 cameras in one screen giving you the ability to view all 8 cameras at once. You can also enlarge any camera and view in full screen. (Kit comes equipped with 4 cameras)|
|Password protection ensure only you and authorized users can access the DVR locally or remotely. This includes the ability to start or stop the recording.|
|Unlike other security systems Night Owl does not charge for you to control or view your DVR over the internet. Log on as often and as long as you would like with absolutely NO fee’s whatsoever.|
|All Night Owl products come with a 1 year worry-free warranty. For a period of 1 year from the date of sale Night Owl ensures that the product will be free from manufacturing defects and workmanship. In the event that the product is or becomes defective we will replace the unit at no charge.|
Footnotes:(1) Internet and cell phone access requires a router, Windows® operating system, IE 7 or higher and a broadband internet connection.
(2) Recording capacity may vary. Based on a 500GB hard drive, using the lowest recording quality settings.
(3) Night vision range up to 30ft (under ideal conditions. Objects at or beyond this range may be partially or completely obscured, depending on the camera position.
(4) Do not recommend using the cameras in temperatures below 0° F or above 114°F.
(5) Audio cameras not included
Manufactured by: Night Owl Security
Warranty provided by: Night Owl Security
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: FS-84500
UPC No: 841808010958
Box Size: ( Length:17, Width:7, Depth:11)
Shipping Weight: 15.2000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: N247-1042
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Night Owl Security logos are registered trademarks of Night Owl Security. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.