An integral component of the Cisco Unified Communications family of products, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator transparently integrates your most frequently used communications applications and services into a single, unified client. From an easy-to-use interface on a PC or Mac, it provides quick and easy access to powerful communications tools - softphone, presence, instant messaging, visual voicemail, click to call, employee directory, communication history, video, and web conferencing - to help you communicate effectively and work more productively.
Features & Benefits:
- Communication integration: Take advantage of a single, intuitive interface for voice and video calls, instant messaging, voicemail playback, web conferencing, and integrated directories.
- Presence: View real-time availability of other Cisco Unified Personal Communicator and Cisco Unified IP Phone users. You can also display customized messages, set an out-of-office message, and automatically show your availability based on free and busy status on your Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
- Do not disturb (DND): Easily block incoming calls with synchronized DND status from your Cisco Unified Personal Communicator or Cisco Unified IP Phone or use the privacy preference setting to block instant messages when you need additional privacy.
- Contact list: Search your corporate directory from one easy-to-use interface to locate contacts quickly and simply click to call. Add your most frequently contacted personal contacts, co-workers, and federated business contacts
- Media escalation: Add communication methods during a conversation; for example, you can add video to an audio conversation or add web conferencing or whiteboarding to an existing audio or video conversation.
- Click to call: Dial from the contact list, using either the integrated softphone or an associated Cisco Unified IP Phone. You can also click to call directly from Microsoft Outlook using an Outlook toolbar.
- Integrated voice and video calling: Exchange ideas face-to-face with a coordinated video display on the PC screen and audio conversation with the softphone. You can place video calls using Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco Unified Video Advantage, or the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G, a personal desktop videophone.
- IP phone association: Use Cisco Unified Personal Communicator to control your desktop Cisco Unified IP Phone to make, receive, or merge calls.
- Instant messaging: Chat in real time using instant messaging with other Cisco Unified Personal Communicator users to save time and reduce phone tag. In addition, enable business-to-business federation between Cisco Unified Presence and Microsoft Live Communications or Microsoft Office Communications server to exchange presence information and instant messages with Microsoft Office Communicator and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator users.
- Conferencing: Create voice or video conferencing sessions by simply merging conversation sessions. There is no need to call into a separate conference bridge.
- Web conferencing: Launch a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace or Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express web conferencing session at a moment's notice to share content, such as a presentation, with others.
- Voice messages: Access secure Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection encrypted voicemail messages - view, play back, sort, and delete messages - all from within the application.