- Device Type: KVM extender
- Enclosure Type: External
- Approximate Width: 7.9 in
- Approximate Depth: 3.1 in
- Approximate Height: 1 in
- Network Connectivity: Technology Wired
- Keyboard / Mouse Interface: USB
- Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Features: On-Screen Display, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X)
- Interfaces: 1 x keyboard - USB - 4 pin USB Type A, 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x mouse - USB - 4 pin USB Type A, 1 x audio - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, 1 x microphone - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, 1 x serial - RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9), 1 x network - RJ-45
- Compliant Standards: RoHS
- Power Device: Power adapter - external
The CE790 is an IP based KVM extender with automatic cable detection (Auto-MDIX) and RS-232 serial functionality that allows access to a computer system from a remote USB console (USB keyboard, monitor, and USB mouse) anywhere on the intranet.
The CE790 improves on previous designs by the addition of an intuitive On Screen Display (OSD) on both the transmitter and receiver units for easy setup and operation; working over a standard TCP/IP LAN via inexpensive Cat5e cable, allowing point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint-to-multipoint administration without the need for an additional KVM switch; and the addition of an RS-232 port, on both the transmitter and receiver units - to connect to a serial terminal for configuration, and serial devices such as touchscreens and barcode scanners.