Wireless INSTEON Motion and Occupancy Sensor Product Details
Wireless INSTEON Motion and Occupancy Sensor
Save valuable energy and be eco-friendly with the Wireless Insteon Motion and Occupancy Sensor. This sensor helps you to automatically switch ON your lights and other appliances when you enter a room, laundry or garage and also switches OFF the appliances when you leave. You just need to link this sensor to a wall switch, plug-in lamps or appliances and the rest is done. Set your thermostat to your favorite comfort level and link it to this sensor and your thermostat starts working as soon as you enter your home. Also, you can set the motion sensitivity for flexible placement and optional night only mode allows you to keep your lights OFF during daytime. Purchase the great energy saver- Wireless Insteon Motion and Occupancy Sensor right now!
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- Dusk / Dawn Sensor; makes sure that your porch light is OFF during dawn and ON during dusk
- Paintable; the sensor is paintable and hence matches perfectly with your home décor
- Low battery warning; notifies you in the form of LED flash when the batteries are low
- Mounting bracket and 2 mounting screws included in the package; ensures ease of installation
- Range: 150' (line of sight)
- Frequency: 915MHz ISM Band
- Sensitivity Modes: High (default) or Normal
- Status LED: 1, Red behind PIR lens, normally off, blinks during setup
- Setup Memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- Motion Detection Range: up to 110° arc, 40 feet
- Motion Detector Sense Input Type: PIR and photocell
- Operating Temperature Range: Indoor / Outdoor, 0 to 120°F. Note: PIR reliability may vary with temperature
- Dimensions: 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 1 7/8"
- Weight: 4 oz
- Input Power Voltage Type: 9VDC
- Power Supply: 9VDC battery (included)
- Battery Life: 6 months min.
Never Leave Another Light On Again
INSTEON Wireless Motion Sensor is a great energy-saver: Your lights will turn on when you enter and automatically turn off after you leave, so you’ll never have to worry about leaving your lights on. Also, INSTEON Wireless Motion Sensor has a built-in photocell, so it can be disabled during the day. If daylight is enough to light your house during the day, Motion Sensor can leave the lights off, even when motion is detected. Using Motion Sensor to limit the amount of time lights are on, is a great first step towards saving energy and protecting the environment.
Dusk / Dawn Sensor
Save energy by ensuring lights are off at dawn or turn your porch lights on at dusk with INSTEON Motion Sensor's dusk / dawn feature. When used with supported INSTEON software or an INSTEON automation controller, Motion Sensor can also be used as a dusk/dawn sensor. After it has been bright for 3 and a half minutes, Motion Sensor will send an Off command for its 'Group 2', which can be used to turn off lights and appliances or trigger a software event. Conversely, it will send an On command after it has been dark for 3 and a half minutes. .
Low Battery Warning
Get notified when it's time to change the battery. INSTEON Motion Sensor has 2 methods of indicating the battery life is low:
- LED double-flashes after motion is detected (even if LED is disabled)
- On command is sent to 'Group 3', which can be utilized with INSTEON software or an INSTEON automation controller
For extended battery life, consider purchasing a 9V Lithium battery which can extend battery life by 4 times.
If you have a need for the motion sensor to activate many links, using HouseLinc or another software that supports this product can extend battery life.
Motion Sensor has been manufactured with a surface that can be painted to blend in with your home décor. This gives you the ability to decide exactly what color will give your motion sensor installation that professional finished look. Please note, it is recommended that you protect the Fresnel lens during the painting process. Any excess paint or residue may cause motion sensor to operate improperly.
- Motion Sensor
- Mounting Bracket
- 2 Mounting Screws
- 9V Battery
- Quick-Start Guide
Manufactured by: Smarthome
Warranty provided by: Smarthome
UPC No: 718122388714
Mfg Part No: 2420M
( Length:4, Width:4, Depth:3)
Shipping Weight: 0.0500 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Smarthome logos are registered trademarks of Smarthome. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.