HP 1950 Switches are smart web-managed Gigabit switches with 10G uplinks, for small business customers needing advanced high-performance connections. The series has two standard models and two PoE+ models, 24 and 48 Gigabit ports, each with two 10GBASE-T ports and two 10G SFP+ high-bandwidth ports.
The switches deliver true-stacking, allowing up to four devices to be logically administered as a single entity. They support Layer 3 static routing on IPv4 and IPv6.
Other advanced features include ACLs, 802.1X, STP, RSTP, and MSTP. Limited lifetime warranty covers unit, fans and power supplies.
High-performance Gigabit with 10G Networking for Advanced Small Businesses
Simplified Network Administration
- Each model includes four 10-Gigabit Ethernet connections to connect to servers, network storage devices, or to other switches.
- Two connections of 10GBASE-T deliver 10-Gigabit over copper Category 5e cabling for simple, affordable high bandwidth connections of up to 100 meters distance.
- Two SFP+ ports allow for fiber connectivity at various distances, at 10-Gigabit or Gigabit speeds, using optional SFP+ 10-Gigabit or SFP Gigabit transceivers.
- Aggregate 10-Gigabit connections for even higher bandwidth using Link Aggregation Control Protocol.
Robust Security to Protect Your Network
- Logically group or "stack" up to four units and manage this as a single entity, greatly simplifying network administration. Interconnect stacked units using 10G connections, with up to 40G total stacking bandwidth connecting units.
- Use the intuitive web-browser based interface to configure and administer these smart-managed devices.
- These devices support SNMP – Versions 1, 2c and 3 – allowing administration of these devices from a remote SNMP-based management platform.
- Network Time Protocol facilitates timekeeping across your network so time-based actions and trouble-shooting logs are kept synchronized.
- Units will automatically retrieve an IP Address from a DHCP server, allowing for near plug-and-play deployments.
Resiliency Features to Keep Your Network Running
- Use Virtual LANs and Access Control Lists to set bounds on what data can be seen by what users.
- Leverage 802.1X with a RADIUS server to insure only known and authorized users can access your network.
- Multiple features guard your network from user or server spoofing and from malicious network-based attacks.
- Secure management traffic using supported SSL/HTTPS encryption and SNMPv3 capabilities.
- Switches support Spanning Tree Protocol, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol standards for creating hot-standby recovery links.
- Distribute important links across multiple units in a logical stack for added resiliency. Units can even be sited in different buildings and still be logically stacked.
- Devices support two independent primary and secondary operating system flash images for backup and recovery during unit upgrades.
- Power over Ethernet models can be paired with an optional Redundant Power System which can maintain power even if the unit's power supply fails, as well as can supplement available PoE power up to 780 Watts of power.
Memory and processor
- (24) RJ-45 auto-negotiating 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports
- (2) SFP+ fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports
- (2) RJ-45 1/10GBASE-T ports
- 128 MB flash
- Packet buffer size: 1.5 MB
- 1 GB SDRAM
ThroughputRouting/switching capacityPoE capabilityStacking capabilitiesManagement features
- 100 Mb Latency: < 5 µs
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 5 µs
- 10 Gbps Latency: < 1.5 µs
- Imc - intelligent management center
- Limited command-line interface
- Web browser
- Snmp manager
- Supported by HP IMC and generic SNMP management platforms.