700MHZ; 256MB RAM; USB Product Details
The Model A+ is the low-cost variant of the Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Model A in November 2014. Compared to the Model A it has:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller, neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
- Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.
- We recommend the Model A+ for for embedded projects and projects which require very low power, and which do not require Ethernet or multiple USB ports.
Manufactured by: Allied Electronics
Mfg Part No: RASPBERRY PI A+
Shipping Weight: 0.2000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Allied Electronics logos are registered trademarks of Allied Electronics. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.