This high-performance, wide-angle zoom is designed exclusively for use with Nikon’s DX-format, is fast and versatile for travel and portrait work
Focal Length Range:
- The world's first constant f/2.8 3.2x zoom lens developed exclusively for use with Nikon's DX-format.
- 3.2x zoom covers from a wide angle of 79 degrees and is ideal for architecture, landscape, groups shots and portrait work.
- DX design enables a combination of wider angle-of-view with optical characteristics that are optimized for Nikon digital SLR camera sensors.
- Nikon DX design produces a smaller image circle (the size of the image that is projected by the lens on to the sensor) enabling smaller lens diameter, lighter weight and optimal image quality from center-to edge-to-corner on the image.
- 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for minimized chromatic aberration providing higher resolution and superior contrast.
- 3 aspherical lens elements for minimized distortion.
- Lightweight and compact design (similar to 17-35mm f/2.8 lens).
- Exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful super-quiet operation.
- M/A and M modes allow rapid switching between AF and MF operation.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance.
- Nikon D-type design provides precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes.
- Rounded diaphragm to make out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- G-type DX Nikkor is designed exclusively for use with Nikon digital SLR models.
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor):
DX,FX in DX Crop Mode
ED Glass Elements:
Super Integrated Coating:
Manual/Auto Focus Mode:
Minimum Focus Distance:
Maximum Angle of View:
Minimum Angle of View:
Maximum Reproduction Ratio:
3.4x4.4in. (Diameter x Length)85.5x110.5mm (Diameter x Length)
Accepts Filter Type:
Lens Attachment Size:
HB-31 Hood, CL-1120 Case, 77mm lens cap, rear cap