Thunder RAID is a high-performance SATA ll 3Gb/s fail-safe system with a built in RAID engine that is perfect for Video and intense content creation professionals, whether in the studio or on location. The Thunder RAID delivers performance in a small and easy to carry footprint making it a top choice for road warriors.
With read speeds up to 230MB/s and write speeds up to 188MB/s in RAID 5, the Thunder RAID is perfect for multi-stream DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, Pro Res 422 & Uncompressed SD playback in RAID 0 or RAID 5 mode and single-stream 8-bit, 1080/60i HD playback in RAID 0 mode (Speed ratings are with a Mac Pro, Intel Dual Core 2.0, OSX 10.5.6 with the EZQuest 4 port PCIe 8x eSATA HBA card included with the Thunder RAID Plus series).
The Thunder RAID supports 3Gbit eSATA and USB 2.0 interface with four hot-swappable 7200+ RPM SATA II with 32mb cache buffer hard drives, built in DDR2-400 SDRAM memory and 400MHZ storage I/O processor. The Thunder RAID provides worry free operation with a high degree of fault tolerance through the use of built in RAID technology and advanced array management.
Other features include redundant flash image for controller availability, write-through or write-back cache support just to name a few. The Thunder RAID solution with built in RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5 and JBOD can be easily configured through a built in LCD control panel display or GUI.
You can also control and monitor all the internal hardware functions such as the RPM speed on the smart low-decibel cooling fan that is thermally regulated for extended drive life and alters users to fan failure with an alarm. The Thunder RAID has completely integrated high-performance data-protection capabilities, offering midrange storage product features at an entry-level price point, making it the perfect choice for Mac Book Pro, Mac Pro and PC Pro users for content creation applications.
- Ideal for multi-stream DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, Pro Res 422, uncompressed SD playback, and single-stream 8-bit, 1080/60i HD playback
- Built in Raid engine makes it perfect for on the go applications
- High Speed low cost with Built in RAID level 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, and JBOD for content creation applications
- Thermo regulated cooling fan with overheat buzzer
- Aluminum housing with handle makes it perfect for road Warriors
- Push Buttons and LCD Display Panel for setup and status
- Environment and drive failure indication through LED display
- Ultra low decibel airflow with thermo regulated smart fan controller with overheating warning buzzer
- GUI RAID Configuration utility
- Built in DDR2-400 SDRAM Memory
- 400MHz storage I/O processor built in
- Write-through or write-back cache support
- Online RAID level/stripe size migration
- EZQuest 4 Port eSATA II 8X PCI Express Card bundled with Thunder RAID Plus Models Part Number T04313 and T06313