The sophisticated style of the HP EliteBook 1040 Ultrabook2
complements the innovative performance, security, and manageability features that help bring out your finest work.
Carry less, do more
Work confidently with the thin, elegant, and durable HP EliteBook 1040 with the HP Premium Keyboard, and a strong all metal diamond cut design engineered to pass MIL-STD 810G testing.3
Power through your day with long battery life, 6th Gen Intel Core processors,4
up to 16 GB of memory, and PCIe SSDs that yield impressive speed and performance.
Connect and collaborate in style
Collaborate with colleagues from practically anywhere with optional WWAN,5
a 720p webcam, HP Noise Reduction Software and Audio by Bang & Olufsen.
Security and manageability you can depend on
Manage devices easily with optional Intel vPro,6
management that integrates with advanced IT environments and help reduce costly downtime with innovative BIOS protection from HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection.
- Power through your day with Windows 10 Pro1 and the powerful, collaboration-ready HP EliteBook 1040.
- Innovative performance with 6th Gen Intel Core processor,4 PCIe SSDs, and long battery life lets you work, surf, and connect with colleagues.
- Essential ports provide convenient connections to peripheral devices. The HDMI port allows fast connections to monitors and projectors, while two USB 3.0 charging ports and one USB-C port allow for hassle free charging of mobile devices.
- Enjoy a remarkable balance of comfort and feedback with the HP Premium Keyboard.
- Protect, detect, and recover from malicious BIOS attacks with HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection - the industry’s first self-healing BIOS that monitors and corrects BIOS corruption in real-time.8
- Help protect your PC with multifunction authentication using a fingerprint reader, SmartCard Reader, and TPM.
- The HP EliteBook 1040 is precision engineered to the finest detail and is designed to pass MIL-STD 810G testing.3
- Help boost efficiency with optional accessories like the HP UltraSlim Docking Station,9 Elite Displays,9 and USB-C Travel adapter9 to match your personal work style.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates.
Not all configurations will qualify as an Ultrabook.
MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Damage under the MIL STD test conditions or any accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Pack.
Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
Wireless access point and internet access required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers.
Third party management software sold separately.
Dynamic Protection monitors and corrects the BIOS every 15 minutes.
Sold separately or as an optional feature.