The Cisco Physical Security Multi Services Platforms encompasses a suite of three server platforms for network digital recording and playback. The servers include built-in analog video encoder cards and options Fiber Channel interfaces, and enable direct connectivity from analog closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras and for IP video directed from the network.
Fully integrated with the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager software, each Multi Services Platform is capable of providing high-quality MPEG-4 encoding and offers a wide array of features in a single easy-to-use and easy-to-deploy component. Each device offers robust, scalable, and flexible options for replacing traditional analog or digital video recorders in a variety of video surveillance deployments.
- 900W high-efficiency power supplies with redundancy option (2RU / 4RU only)
- High-performance fans with built-in redundancy for optimized cooling
- PCI-X and PCI-e expansion slots that support Fiber Channel interfaces and video encoding cards
- Hot-swappable hard-disk drives that can be removed without powering down the server.
- System health and management features, including redundant cooling fans, a convenient power switch, reset button, and LED indicators
- RAID5 for 2RU and 4RU Platforms
- Efficient field serviceability