NComputing X350 Multi-user Computing TerminalItem#: N316-1012 | Model#: X350
Currently Out Of Stock!
NComputing X350 Multi-user Computing Terminal Product Details
NComputing X350 Multi-user Computing Terminal
The NComputing X350 kit enables users to dramatically cut computing costs by sharing the untapped power of existing computers. The kit’s half-height PCI card, XD2 access devices, and NComputing vSpaceTM software work together to efficiently harness excess computing capacity and enable multiple users to share a single computer. Each kit adds three users to one computer, so with two kits a total of seven users can simultaneously share one computer. And each user gets the full performance and capability of a PC, including multimedia and video. Best of all, IT staff and end users do not need special training because the solution is easy to setup and is compatible with standard PC software.
With the NComputing X350, each user still has a standard monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers (sold separately). However, instead of connecting directly to the PC, these peripherals connect to the XD2 access device on their desk. These very small, solid-state devices connect over a standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 STP cable to the shared PC, and the distance between access device and the shared computer can be up to 10 meters (33 feet).
- Enables sharing one computer with up to 7 users (four with one kit, seven with two kits)
- Includes our award-winning desktop virtualization software, vSpace™
- Uses the new XD2 access device design with integrated VESA-compliant monitor mount that was introduced with the X550 kit.
- Includes a half-height PCI card with three ports and also includes a bracket adapter to securely fit in full size PCs
- Dramatically improved multimedia performance with the ability to support full-screen motion video on multiple user stations (same architecture as the X550 5-user kit)
- Expanded monitor support up to 1280x1024 or 1440x900 (widescreen) resolution
- Exceptional energy efficiency still requiring only ~1 watt per user
- Connects users directly to the shared computer via standard Category 5e cables up to 5m (16 ft) or via Category 6 STP cable up to 10m (33 ft) long (NOTE: cables are NOT included in the X350 kit)
- Size - XD2 access device: Width: 119 mm, Depth: 82 mm, Height: 27 mm PCI Card: half-height PCI plug-in card with full-height and half-height brackets
- Monitor mounting - XD2 access devices have built-in mounting holes to attach to the rear of a monitor with VESAcompliant mounting holes. Two screws per XD2 access device are included in the kit.
- Input power - No external power adapters are required Power to the access devices is provided by the PCI card through the Cat 5e or Cat 6 cable
- Power requirement - Each XD2 access device requires ~ 1 watt of power
- LED indicator on XD2 - Power/Connection: Green LED located on front of access device
- Video resolution - 1440x900, 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600, 16 bit, 60 Hz refresh rate
- Connection to shared PC - Standard Category 5e UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable: up to 5 meters (16 feet) Standard Category 6 STP (shielded twisted pair) cable: up to 10 meters (33 feet)
- Audio - Stereo output via speaker port
- USB Support - USB ports on shared PC can be assigned to different users with vSpace software Note: Local user access to USB ports requires separate USB extension cables (not included)
- Certifications - FCC Class B, CE, MIC, RoHS
- Operating temperature and humidity range - 0 to 40 degrees Celsius 10 to 85% relative humidity (non-condensing)
vSpaceTM desktop virtualization software
- Supported operating systems - Windows and Linux (Contact NComputing for the latest versions and revisions supported)
- Supported software - Most PC applications* including browsers, e-mail, office suites, media players, educational software, and more. Supports multimedia and full-motion video, but is not recommended for intensive 3D software.
- Maintenance - Online remote update via vSpace Console System requirements
Shared PC configuration suggestions
- 1-3 users: 2.4GHz or any dual core processor, 1GB RAM or more
- 4-7 users: 3.0 GHz or any dual core processor, 2 GB RAM or more
- Suggested configurations provide enough performance for most applications and serve as a guideline only. Users should test system performance using actual applications intended to be run on the system.
Manufactured by: NComputing
Warranty provided by: NComputing
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: X350
UPC No: 882508000146
Box Size: ( Length:7, Width:6, Depth:5)
Shipping Weight: 1.4500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: N316-1012
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- NComputing logos are registered trademarks of NComputing. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.