Sony PRS505/SC Reader Digital Book (Open Box) Product Details
Sony PRS505/SC Reader Digital Book (Open Box)
The Reader Digital Book holds about 160 eBooks or hundreds more with optional removable memory cards. Its portable size makes it the perfect travel companion, allowing you to read a variety of books whenever and wherever you want. With thousands of eBook titles available at the eBook Store from Sony, you can choose to download new releases, classics and popular book titles as well as view other document formats such as Adobe® PDF10, RTF, TXT, BBeB® and Microsoft® Word. Its long battery life lasts up to 7,500 continuous page turns, and the amazing paper-like screen technology is easy on the eyes.
Please Note: Use of companion eBook Store limited to U.S. and Canadian residents. Certain titles may not be available for download based on place of residence.
The Reader Digital Book offers a unique, on-the-go reading experience and is the perfect travel companion. With a compact and lightweight design, you can take it almost anywhere and read your books whenever and wherever you want. More compact than many paperbacks, it weighs about 9 ounces (without cover), is 1/3” thin8, and holds up to 160 eBooks. You can easily hold it in one hand, and with its rechargeable battery, you can turn up to 7,500 continuous pages on a single charge.
Impressive, paper-like display
The Reader Digital Book provides a new way to experience reading. It boasts an impressive 6-inch display, utilizing breakthrough E Ink® technology that’s almost paper-like, making it easy to read, even in bright sunshine. In addition, the screen allows for high contrast and high resolution, with a near 180º viewing angle. The text can also be magnified for sight-impaired readers.
Content Storage Capability
With a compact and lightweight design you can take the Reader Digital Book almost anywhere. And with plenty of internal memory, and a slot for optional removable memory cards, you can take hundreds of titles, user-selected Web content, or other supported documents for reading on the go. It will hold approximately 160 averaged sized eBooks in internal memory and hundreds more with optional removable memory cards.
Multiple eBook titles available
The Reader Digital Book allows you to search, browse, discover, and buy thousands of new releases, classics and popular eBook titles from the Integrated eBook Store and other participating websites. You can even go to other sites that have unsecured eBooks in file formats that the Reader supports. This translates into an incredible amount of content suitable for the Reader.
More Than eBooks
The Reader Digital Book isn’t just about reading eBooks. Using the included eBook Library 2.0 PC Software, you can easily transfer Adobe® PDF documents, Microsoft Word documents, BBeB Book, and other text file formats to the Reader, allowing you the flexibility to access and view multiple files at any time.
- Dimensions (Approx.): 6.9" x 4.8" x 0.3".6 (175 x 122 x 8mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 9oz.6 without soft cover
- AC Power: Optional AC Charger requires 120 Volts 60Hz
- Battery Life (Approx.): Up to 7,500 page turns2
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Recharging Time: Approx. 4 Hours with USB charging from powered Computer or Approx. 2 Hours when using optional AC wall charger
- DRM Text: BBeB Book (Marlin)
- Image: JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP
- Unsecured Audio: MP3 and AAC7
- Unsecured Text: BBeB Book, TXT, RTF, Adobe® PDF10, Microsoft® Word (Conversion to the Reader-requires Word installed on your PC)
- Gray Scale: 8-Level Grey Scale
- Resolution: Approx. 170 Pixels Per Inch
- Screen Size: Approx. 6" Measured Diagonally
- Technology: E Ink® "Electronic Paper"
Minimum System Requirements
- Hard Drive: 20MB9 Minimum available Hard Drive space
- Internet Connection: Broadband suggested3
- Operating System: Operating System --- Windows® XP (Home Edition/Professional, Media Center Edition, Media Center Edition 2004, Media Center Edition 2005)& Windows Vista® (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate).
- Optical Drive: Optical Drive capable of reading CD-ROM
- Processor: 800MHz Intel® Celeron® class processor or better
- RAM: 128 MB Minimum
- USB Port: USB 1.1 or faster USB Port (Optimal with USB 2.0)
THIS PRODUCT IS AN OPEN BOX RETURN
For a variety of reasons customers may return a product after opening and, in some cases, using it briefly. We usually send these products back to their manufacturer but sometimes, after we inspect the product, we decide it’s better to offer it for sale at a discount then return it to its manufacturer. We put these products through a rigorous 7 point check to make sure they are in good condition and working properly. There may be a minor blemish and occasionally the original manuals may be missing but you can buy with confidence knowing the product is covered by its manufactures warranty and support. Don’t delay; open box products are priced right, available in very limited quantities and sell out fast.
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: Sony
Warranty provided by: Sony
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 3 months labor
Mfg Part No: PRS505SC
Box Size: ( Length:6, Width:1, Depth:8)
Shipping Weight: 1.4500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: S190-7000 ON
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Sony logos are registered trademarks of Sony. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.