Changing storage needs for server customers now requires greater levels of performance and functionality at a lower cost of ownership. The next generation HP MSA 2040 Storage arrays raises the bar & uniquely addresses HP ProLiant customers' shared storage and data protection needs, reduces TCO while dramatically increasing performance using technologies such as Solid State Drives, Snap and Volume copy, Replication and SEDs.
The MSA 2040 Storage arrays are positioned to provide an excellent value for customers needing increasing performance to support initiatives such as consolidation and virtualization. The MSA 2040 delivers this performance by leveraging new controller architecture with a new processor, four ports with 4 GB cache per controller and using drive technologies such as SSDs.
The MSA 2040 Storage ships standard with 64 Snapshots and Volume Copy enabled for increased data protection and allow replication with optional Remote Snap software between arrays (FC or iSCSI only).
Simple: Flexible Architecture. Easy to Setup. Easy to Manage
Fast: The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today’s Competition
- Choice of 8 Gb/16 Gb FC, 1 Gb/10GbE iSCSI and 12 Gb SAS to match the configuration needs of infrastructure.
- Deploy single or dual controllers depending on high-availability and budgetary requirements.
- Select disk enclosures with Large or Small Form Factor drives –choice of High-performance Solid State Drives, Enterprise-class SAS or SAS Midline drives or Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) based on application, performance and budget needs.
- The integrated setup and management tools for MSA are easy to manage for HP ProLiant/BladeSystems IT managers.
Futureproof: 2x the Bandwidth and the First Entry SAN with 16 Gb FC
- New high-performance Converged SAN controller and SAS controller offer 4x the performance of today's other entry-level SAN arrays.
- 4-port Converged SAN controller supporting Fibre Channel and iSCSI and a SAS Controller with 4GB Cache translating into better application response time and ability to support more virtualized environments.
- SSD support with integrated “wear gauge” helps improves application performance and allows customers to reduce their operating costs by reducing foot prints and power consumptions.
- Self-Encrypting Drives (SEDs) designed to safeguard critical personal and business information and to comply with regulatory mandates.
ENERGY STAR Certified: MSA 2040 is Now ENERGY STAR Certified
- Choice of 8 Gb/16 Gb FC, 1 Gb/10GbE iSCSI and 12Gb SAS to match the configuration needs of infrastructure.
- The 4th generation of MSA’s unique Data-in-Place upgrades provides investment protection.
- Host ports upgradeable by SFPS (8 Gb/16 Gb FC) or (1 GB/10GBE iSCSI) allows customers to manage their total cost of ownership lower.
- ENERGY STAR certified power supplies will lead to energy consumption efficiencies translated into savings or regulatory rebates for customers.
- Capacity: 28.8TB Raw, Included
- Drive description: (24) SFF SAS/MDL SAS/SSD
- Host interface: 16 Gb /8 Gb Fibre Channel/1 GbE /10 GbE iSCSI (4) Ports per controller, Included
- Storage controller: (2) MSA 2040 SAN Controller
- Storage expansion options: HP MSA 2040 LFF Disk Enclosure or HP MSA 2040 Energy Star LFF Disk Enclosure or D2700 2.5-inch disk enclosure
- Form factor: 2U