It is without question, that the new BL260c server blade offers the best performance per watt and price per watt in the industry. It offers a 64% better performance/watt and costs 20% less than any other 2P server blade in the market. Also, the BL260c consumes 33% less power with full features. It is: The world's most affordable, power efficient 2P server blade. Read more about c-Class setting record breaking numbers. Like all HP BladeSystem components, the new HP BL260c offers greater energy efficiency and features than IBM's HS21 server. The two processor, multi-core BL260c combines energy efficient compute power, high density with sufficient memory and I/O for the full range of cluster environments. This new balanced architecture supports Intel's newest Xeon 5400 and 5200 series processors. And as a bonus, the BL260c also offers support for Intel's affordable uP processors.
All businesses need reliable and efficient servers that need minimal maintenance.
- Supporting up to two (2) Intel Standard or Low Voltage 4 core or 2 core Xeon 5000 Sequence Processors or one (1) entry level Xeon, Core™2 Duo or Celeron Uni-Processor in either 1, 2 or 4 core
- Supporting up to 48GB of DDR2 Registered ECC 667MHz DIMMs to eliminate a common system bottleneck; Offering one (1) Mezzanine expansion slot for I/O options such as multi-function gigabit NICs, standard NICs, or 4-Gb Fibre Channel, which greatly improves I/O bandwidth and data throughput with additional levels of uptime
Simplicity and Flexibility
- Providing superior remote administration, superb life cycle management and resource utilization to help lower total cost of ownership.
- Conserving valuable IT resources and time by centralizing and simplifying management functions with Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Standard Blade Edition and Insight Control Environment for BladeSystem.
- Offering HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Standard Blade Edition - Delivers the industry's most complete, high-performance, out-of-band remote management solution
With new Virtual KVM performance, it now provides all of the capabilities required for administrative or maintenance tasks from a single remote console
- iLO 2 also provides true in-front-of-the-server control of systems located in data centers or remote locations from the office, home, or travel location, eliminating unnecessary travel and increasing IT efficiency and responsiveness
Now IT administrators have a single remote management and control solution
- Offering HP iLO 2 Select - Get even more out of iLO 2 by upgrading to the iLO 2 Select Pack, featuring power regulator reporting, scripted multi-server virtual media and additional enterprise security.
- iLO 2 Select has flexible licensing including site licenses and an eight blade kit.
- HP Insight Control Environment for BladeSystem is an integrated suite of software that simplifies the provisioning and management of HP BladeSystem infrastructures.
- Insight Control Environment for BladeSystem delivers comprehensive management for HP BladeSystem including hardware resource deployment, health and performance monitoring, software version control, and vulnerability scanning and patch management.
Uncompromising Power Efficiency
- Supporting the low voltage Intel Xeon 5400 and 5200 Series processors. The low voltage processors enables greater density providing excellent performance-per-watt efficiencies for power constrained IT environments
- Utilizing a new Intel chipset Intel 5100 which uses ECC DDR2 Registered DIMMs versus Fully Buffered DIMMs, resulting in lower power per DIMM module and a cooler BladeSystem solution
- Including only the basic feature set required by a Small to Mid-Market Customer without all the frills
Ideal environment Large compute clusters and server farms
- Outstanding performance per watt offers an ideal solution for power constrained datacenters
- Low price per watt reduces the overall spend for environments deploying a large number of servers
- Versatile configuration options allow customers to standardize multiple areas of infrastructure on one platform
- Large memory footprint offers affordable expandability with small capacity, low cost DIMMs
Small, Mid Markets and Remote or Branch Sites
- Affordable Blade Server price resulting in lower total cost of ownership for the budget conscious customer
- High performance, remote manageability to support centralized or remote /branch site environments
- Low power processors targeted at most optimal performance per U and power per watt
Simplicity of customer experience - A perfect fit for any remote site(s) or branch office(s)
- Infrastructure: File/print, mail/messaging, domain name system, firewall, and directory services; Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes
- Performance sensitive network infrastructure services, Client/server: Citrix Presentation Server and Microsoft Windows Terminal Services
- Optimal solution for Low-end High Performance Computing (HPTC) applications; Clustering; and Storage Area Networks