Hyperscale, datacenter, and high-performance computing environments not only require large amounts of storage capacity, they also must provide the data protection and performance today's applications and end users demand. The MegaRAID SAS 9380-8e 12Gb/s SAS and SATA RAID controller card helps address these needs by delivering proven performance and RAID data protection for a range of server storage applications.
Outstanding RAID Performance for Next-Generation Servers and Storage
- Connect up to 240 SATA or SAS drives with eight external 12Gb/s SAS ports
- Provides external JBOD expansion and RAID data protection to address a wide range of storage performance and capacity requirements.
- Support critical, high-bandwidth applications with PCIe 3.0 connectivity
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60
- Add more protection and peace of mind with optional CacheVault flash cache protection.
The explosive growth of data in cloud and enterprise data centers is driving the need for a higher performance storage interface to speed the ability of critical applications to access data. Avago Technologies first-to-market 12Gb/s SAS solutions are designed to deliver the performance and data protection capabilities required for the most demanding nextgeneration server and storage platforms. Offering up to double the data transfer rate of 6Gb/s SAS solutions, 12Gb/s SAS allows the SAS infrastructure to deliver bandwidth that can fully utilize that of PCI Express 3.0 with a single controller card. The MegaRAID SAS 9380-8e, with eight external ports, delivers two 1.2GHz PowerPC processor cores and a 72-bit DDRIII interface that drives 1GB cache memory. Powered by the LSI SAS 3108 dual-core ROC, the 9380-8e controller includes the latest PCI Express 3.0 and 12Gb/s SAS technology and is designed for configuring external storage enclosures with high-performance SAS hard drives, high-capacity SATA hard drives or application-accelerating solid state drives (SSDs).
Enterprise Data Protection
Standard support for the most popular RAID levels and accessories, including RAID 5, RAID 6, and CacheVault flash cache protection module, further strengthen the data protection capabilities of the MegaRAID SAS 9380-8e. A new enterprise feature employed by the 12Gb/s MegaRAID SAS controllers is advanced drive diagnostic technology. In the event of a physical drive failure, the drive is placed in shield state and the MegaRAID controller starts drive diagnostics to determine if the drive is indeed failed or can be restored. This saves customers time, money and lost compute time associated with transient drive failures and unnecessary drive returns.
Support for Advanced Software Options
The family of 12Gb/s MegaRAID controllers are designed to support advanced software options that provide system integrators and VARs with enhanced performance and data protection capabilities. These software options help enable end users to address key business challenges while helping to deliver a higher return on their IT investments. MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0 software (optional) and MegaRAID Fast Path software (included) boost transactional I/O performance of SSD configurations, while SafeStore software enables enhanced data protection and security when used with encryption capable devices.
- High performance 12Gb/s data transfer rates
- Eight external 12Gb/s SATA+SAS ports
- Two mini-SAS SFF8644 external connectors
- LSI SAS 3108: 1.2GHz PowerPC 476 dual core 12Gb/s ROC
- PCI Express 3.0 host interface
- 1GB DDRIII cache memory
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60
- Support for CacheVault flash cache protection
- 12Gb/s solutions accelerate performance for next-generation datacenters, web and cloud
- Delivers enterprise-class data protection and security
- Preserves investment in 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s drives
- Support for Advanced Software options
- Connect up to 240 3Gb/s, 6Gb/s, or 12Gb/s SATA and SAS devices